Are you at wits end from not being able to scrape enough together to pay car insurance each month? You are in the same boat as millions of other drivers.
It's hard to fathom, but a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in the United States could pocket nearly $859 a year just by shopping around, but most undervalue how much they could save if they just switched companies.
Drivers have so many insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, lots of choices makes it harder to find a good deal for Acura MDX insurance in Evansville.
It's a good habit to take a look at other company's rates periodically because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Acura MDX insurance in Evansville a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because it's time to teach you the best way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Evansville is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you currently have auto insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using these techniques. But Indiana vehicle owners need to learn how the larger insurance companies determine premium rates because it varies considerably.
Best Acura MDX insurance rates in Indiana
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Evansville, IN. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MDX with Tech Package 4WD||$276||$472||$290||$18||$86||$1,142||$95|
|MDX with Tech/Entertainment 4WD||$162||$306||$364||$22||$110||$964||$80|
|MDX Advance 4WD||$262||$486||$364||$22||$110||$1,244||$104|
|MDX Advance/Entertainment 4WD||$262||$504||$318||$18||$94||$1,196||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence price quotes significantly.
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Acura MDX insurance costs for different age groups. The data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Car insurance rates based on gender
The chart below compares Acura MDX auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions drive up Acura MDX auto insurance rates for different age groups. Data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some providers don't always list all possible discounts very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Claim-Free Discount - Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a home in Evansville can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Responsible Drivers - Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Fewer annual miles on your Acura could earn cheaper premium rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will forgive one accident without raising rates so long as you haven't had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give lower premium rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Driver Education Discount - It's a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course if it's offered in school.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky.
Some companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with each company how you can save money. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in Evansville. To choose car insurance companies with significant discounts in Indiana, follow this link.
Informed Drivers Can Save Money
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that help determine insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in better insurance rates. Many different elements are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but some are more transparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
- Occupation stress can affect prices - Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like military generals, executives and miners tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, students and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Drive a fast car and pay more - The type of vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The cheapest insurance rates will generally be found on lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Since the Acura MDX falls in the luxury SUV class, insuring your vehicle will cost substantially more in price compared to average rates in Evansville.
- Don't get traffic citations - Being a careful driver has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Having just one speeding ticket may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless tickets like reckless driving or DUI may find they need to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
- Insurance rates for married couples - Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and it's proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Teen drivers cost more - Beginning drivers in Indiana are statistically shown to be easily distracted behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
- Pleasure use saves money - The higher the miles on your Acura each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. It's always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. A policy that improperly rates your MDX is throwing money out the window.
- Insurance losses for an Acura MDX - Insurers use data from past claims to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will be charged more to insure. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Acura MDX vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Percentages below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
Acura MDX Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura MDX 4dr 2WD 73 80 102 63 56 63 Acura MDX 4dr 4WD 81 85 123 65 60 59
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to a policy, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Acura MDX?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Are car insurance agents a thing of the past?
Some consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes and also buy local.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Evansville that can give you free Evansville car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you. It's the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
When looking for a good insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies to choose from. Evansville agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are exclusive agents in Evansville who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not write with just one company so they can write business through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, you should always include price quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following are Evansville independent insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
ET Shield Insurance Agency
4405 Theater Dr - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 469-9907 - View Map
Once you have received reasonable responses to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, you may have found a car insurance agent that is a good match to provide insurance coverage.
Buyer beware of insurance advertising tricks
Insurance providers like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads on TV and radio. They all seem to have a common claim that drivers will save a bundle if you move your policy. How can each company make the same claim? It's all in the words they use.
Different companies give the best rates for the driver that will generate a profit. A good example of this type of driver may need to be over the age of 40, owns their home, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A propective insured that matches those criteria will qualify for the lowest prices in Evansville and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Insureds who are not a match for these stringent criteria will probably be forced to pay a more expensive rate which results in business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say "people that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save money. That's why companies can make claims that they all have the best car insurance rates. This really drives home the point why drivers should quote coverage with many companies. It's impossible to know with any certainty which company will have the best rates for your profile.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
Cheaper insurance in Evansville can be found both online and with local Evansville insurance agents, so you need to shop Evansville car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
When searching for affordable Acura MDX insurance quotes, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.