Being forced to pay for high-priced auto insurance premiums can empty your personal savings and force you to tighten up your finances.
Statistics show that most consumers have been with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,400, Fort Wayne drivers can save as much as 55% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't know how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Since you have so many options for buying cheap insurance for an Acura RDX in Fort Wayne, it can be challenging to choose the most cost effective insurer.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Fort Wayne is not rocket science. In a nutshell, everyone who is looking for cheaper car insurance will probably be able to reduce their rates. But Indiana car owners benefit from understanding the way insurance companies determine premium rates and take advantage of how the system works.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Acura RDX insurance in Fort Wayne
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be significant discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Early Switch Discount - Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current RDX insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Accident Waiver - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Auto/Life Discount - Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- No Accidents - Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Fort Wayne car insurance quote in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a home in Fort Wayne can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Drivers Education - Teen drivers should enroll in driver's education in high school.
- Responsible Drivers - Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- ABS Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% with a few auto insurance companies.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of your policy.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers with significant discounts in Fort Wayne, click here to view.
How to buy Acura RDX insurance in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Just remember that comparing all the rates in your area helps locate a better price. Not every company does online Fort Wayne RDX insurance quotes, so it's important to also get price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Fort Wayne, IN. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you get rates from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$190||$366||$230||$14||$68||$868||$72|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$154||$288||$224||$14||$68||$748||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase prices greatly.
Liability only or full coverage
The chart below illustrates the difference between Acura RDX insurance prices when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula of when to phase out full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Acura RDX settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $400 annually to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Acura RDX auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The example below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders can increase Acura RDX annual premium costs for each age group. The data is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Compare rates but work with a local Fort Wayne insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Fort Wayne car insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurance company shouldn't rely on just a low price. Any agent in Fort Wayne should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How are claims handled?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How long has their agency been in business in Fort Wayne?
If you would like to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance policy providers may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are Fort Wayne exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparing car insurance rates, you definitely need to include rate quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following are Fort Wayne independent insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
Shop around and save
We just covered many ideas to find lower-cost Acura RDX insurance in Fort Wayne. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Fort Wayne car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
When getting Fort Wayne car insurance quotes online, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price.
Low-cost Acura RDX insurance in Fort Wayne is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents in Fort Wayne, so get free Fort Wayne car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Hammond, IN? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Lawrence, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)