When trying to find more affordable insurance, are you frustrated by the wide range of car insurance companies that you can choose from? Vehicle owners have so many options that it can really be a lot of work to find the lowest price. Lots of people think Crown Point is a great city to raise a family in, but inflated car insurance rates makes it difficult to buy proper levels of coverage.
Sadly, most consumers in Indiana have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. The average driver in America can cut their rates by roughly 46.5% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand the benefits if they just switched companies.
Auto insurance providers offering affordable rates in Indiana
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Indiana. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$826||$413||$69|
|Chevrolet Malibu LT||$990||$495||$83|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$1,282||$641||$107|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$776||$388||$65|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$742||$371||$62|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$1,108||$554||$92|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$946||$473||$79|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,062||$531||$89|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$968||$484||$81|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$922||$461||$77|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$892||$446||$74|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,008||$504||$84|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$1,018||$509||$85|
|Kia Optima SX||$762||$381||$64|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$780||$390||$65|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$886||$443||$74|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$700||$350||$58|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$902||$451||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Crown Point which can affect auto insurance rates noticeably.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
One of the hardest decisions when shopping for car insurance is how low should you set your deductibles. The comparisons below sum up the price difference when you choose different policy deductibles. The first data table uses a $100 deductible for physical damage and the second price chart uses a $1,000 deductible.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$436||$280||$16||$84||$1,083||$90|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$514||$280||$16||$84||$1,191||$99|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$592||$350||$20||$106||$1,365||$114|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$514||$280||$16||$84||$1,191||$99|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$514||$280||$16||$84||$1,191||$99|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$304||$592||$280||$16||$84||$1,301||$108|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$304||$592||$280||$16||$84||$1,301||$108|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$134||$230||$280||$16||$84||$744||$62|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$270||$280||$16||$84||$802||$67|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$312||$350||$20||$106||$940||$78|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$270||$280||$16||$84||$802||$67|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$270||$280||$16||$84||$802||$67|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$312||$280||$16||$84||$860||$72|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$312||$280||$16||$84||$860||$72|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in your specific Crown Point location which can alter coverage prices noticeably.
Based on this data, using a $100 deductible will cost in the ballpark of $33 more each month or $396 annually than requesting the higher $1,000 deductible. Since the policyholder would be required to pay $900 more to settle a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you normally average at least 27 months between claims, you would come out ahead if you elect the higher deductible.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The information below shows how traffic citations and accidents influence Chevrolet Tahoe annual premium costs for each different age group. The data is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Rate comparison of men versus women
The illustration below shows the comparison of car insurance rates for male and female drivers in Crown Point. The rate quotes are based on no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in on a Chevrolet Malibu LT.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Do you qualify for discounts on auto insurance?
Some providers don't always advertise all possible discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Crown Point auto insurance online. If you're not getting every credit possible, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Early Switch Discount - Some larger companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy Crown Point auto insurance online.
- Driver Education Discount - Teen drivers should successfully complete driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Online Discount - Certain larger companies give back up to $50 simply for signing on the web.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds who allow driving data submission to analyze where and when they drive by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car instead of a used car can save up to 30% because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a house in Crown Point can save you money because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you're out of luck.
Larger auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- Travelers has savings for student away at school, IntelliDrive, home ownership, save driver, and multi-car.
- 21st Century offers discounts for automatic seat belts, 55 and older, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, driver training, and air bags.
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, and student away at school.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, seat belt use, and military active duty.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safety rewards, homeowner, multi-car, bundle discounts, and safe driver.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, pay-in-full, good student, good driver, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policies in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in Indiana, click here.
Components of your insurance policy rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
Shown below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Drive less and pay lower prices - The higher the miles on your car each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Cars not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Make sure your vehicle rating correctly shows annual mileage.
- Lower rates with alarms and GPS tracking - Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all hinder vehicle theft.
- How much liability protection - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage if ever you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Accidents can increase rates - Having a single moving violation can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers who don't get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have gotten careless tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Gender matters - Over time, data shows females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn't mean women are BETTER drivers than men. They both are responsible for fender benders at about the same rate, but men have accidents that have higher claims. They also have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- Premiums impacted by your city - Being located in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when it comes to auto insurance. Urban drivers tend to have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Policy add-ons can waste money - There are a lot of additional extra coverages that can waste your money on your policy. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea at first, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Is my vehicle covered for flood damage?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
If you can't answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Crown Point insurance agent
Certain consumers still prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is important especially in Crown Point.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Crown Point who will return price quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Types of auto insurance agents in Crown Point
When researching a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents in Crown Point can either be independent or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing auto insurance rates, you will want to include price quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with different regional companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. They are usually well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Picking an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Crown Point?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Crown Point?
Switch companies and save? Really?
Big name companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive regularly use television, radio, and online ads. All the ads have a common claim that people will save just by switching your policy. It sounds good, but how can they all make the same claim? Here is the trick they use.
Companies quote the lowest rates for the type of driver that will be a good risk. A good example of a profitable customer may need to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has a clear driving record, and drives a safe vehicle. A customer who meets those qualifications may get the lowest rates in Crown Point as well as cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who fall short of the ideal profile will be charged higher premiums and this results in the prospect going elsewhere. The trick is to say "people that switch" not "everyone who quotes" can save as much as they claim. This is how companies can truthfully make it sound like they have such great car insurance rates.
This emphasizes why you need to compare as many free Crown Point auto insurance quotes as you can. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Persistence will pay off
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost.
Affordable insurance in Crown Point is possible both online and from local agencies, so you need to quote Crown Point auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not have rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
We just presented a lot of ways to find cheaper coverage online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Crown Point auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company. Regional companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Jeffersonville, IN? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Gary, Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Richmond, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)