Nobody I know likes buying insurance, particularly when their premiums are through the roof.
Statistics show that the vast majority of insurance customers in Indiana kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many drivers in the U.S. can save $860 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Drivers have so many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, more options can take longer to adequately compare rates for Hyundai Azera insurance in Indianapolis.
You should make it a habit to compare prices on a regular basis because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the lowest price on Hyundai Azera insurance in Indianapolis a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the easiest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Cheapest Hyundai Azera insurance quotes in Indianapolis, IN
When shopping for low cost Indianapolis car insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to get quotes from many auto insurance companies in Indiana. By far the easiest way to do a complete rate comparison consists of shopping online.
Comparing price quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. Buying insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you prefer the advice and guidance of a local Indianapolis agent. Some companies do allow you to get the lowest quotes online but still have the advice of a local agent.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing more prices helps increase your odds of locating more affordable rates. Some smaller insurers do not give online Indianapolis Azera insurance quotes, so it's necessary to compare prices from them as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Azera GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$128||$306||$364||$22||$110||$930||$78|
|Azera Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$430||$368||$22||$110||$1,210||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can change premium rates substantially.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The example below shows the difference between Hyundai Azera annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Indiana. The prices are based on no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop full coverage
There isn't a written rule of when to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Hyundai Azera claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it's costing you more than $800 a year for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
How high should deductibles be?
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can increase or decrease Hyundai Azera insurance rates for each age group. The costs are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The example below shows how violations and at-fault claims raise Hyundai Azera car insurance rates for different age groups. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Discounts for cheap insurance rates
Some companies don't always list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Indianapolis car insurance online. If you're not getting every credit you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Distant College Student Discount - Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Indianapolis and won't have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don't have any claims before the accident.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Indianapolis car insurance quote.
- Employee of Federal Government - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Driver's Education for Students - Have your child successfully take a driver's education course if offered at their school.
Don't be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and some of the discounts include:
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and good student.
- The Hartford has savings for anti-theft, bundle, vehicle fuel type, good student, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include low natural disaster claims, professional/association, type of vehicle, good student, accident-free, and annual mileage.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, defensive driver, daytime running lights, military active duty, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA may offer discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and good driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, driver's education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, anti-theft, and good driver.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Indianapolis.
Buying insurance from Indianapolis insurance agencies
A small number of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Indianapolis for you
If you are searching for a local Indianapolis insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance policy providers are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are Indianapolis exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparing insurance rates, you need to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below are independent agents in Indianapolis willing to provide rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Brelage Insurance Agency Inc
5451 Emerson Way - Indianapolis, IN 46226 - (317) 591-2660 - View Map
Affordable Insurance Agency
10 S Mickley Ave - Indianapolis, IN 46241 - (317) 484-9195 - View Map
The Hyundai Azera Insurance Price Equation
Many factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
The following are some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure - Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Hyundai has at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
Older drivers pay less - Older insureds are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.Teenage drivers have been known to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
No car insurance claims equals cheaper premiums - Companies in Indiana award the lowest premiums to drivers who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Use credit responsibly and save - Credit score factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Hyundai Azera by taking the time to improve your credit score. People with good credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have bad credit.
Hyundai Azera claim statistics - Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when setting premium prices. Models that are shown to have higher losses will have a higher premium rate. The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Hyundai Azera vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent losses or tendancy to have larger claims.
Hyundai Azera Insurance Loss Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect your Hyundai Azera and other assets
Despite the high insurance cost for a Hyundai Azera in Indianapolis, car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Hyundai for a lot more money and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Indiana is wasting up to $700 annually so compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Smart consumers save more
When searching for the cheapest Hyundai Azera rate quotes, don't be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Hyundai Azera insurance in Indianapolis. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Indianapolis car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Terre Haute, Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)