Want to learn how to save money and find lower-priced Audi A5 insurance in Indianapolis? Are you irritated from not being able to scrape enough together to make your auto insurance payment? Your situation is no different than many other consumers in Indiana.
A recent survey discovered that nearly 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Indianapolis drivers could cut their rates by almost 55% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
You have so many insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it's nice to have a selection, it can be more difficult to get the best deal for Audi A5 insurance in Indianapolis.
It's a great practice to compare rates periodically because auto insurance rates go up and down regularly. Even if you got the lowest premium rates on Audi A5 insurance in Indianapolis a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding A5 insurance out there, but in a few minutes you can learn some solid techniques on how to save money.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Indianapolis is not that difficult. Basically, everyone who needs lower cost car insurance will find a lower-cost company. Nevertheless, Indiana vehicle owners do need to know how big insurance companies set your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
Get cheaper Audi A5 insurance in Indianapolis with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that many people don't even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Insuring multiple vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Bundle and Save - If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but some companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Teen drivers should participate in a local driver's education class in school.
- Government Employee Discount - Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Indianapolis car insurance depending on your insurance provider.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Low Miles Discount - Low annual miles could earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, you won't be that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts include:
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, multi-car, safe driver, anti-theft, homeowner, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family discounts include TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, accident-free, good driver, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts including claim-free, good student, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, multi-policy
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, good student, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include bundle, vehicle fuel type, air bag, anti-theft, driver training, and good student.
Before buying, ask each company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Indianapolis. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in Indianapolis, click here.
The fastest way that we advise to compare policy rates for Audi A5 insurance in Indianapolis is to realize most of the bigger providers provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is give them rating details such as driver ages, what you do for a living, your general credit rating, and distance driven. That rating data is submitted instantly to all major companies and you will get price comparisons instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Indianapolis.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$170||$332||$224||$14||$68||$808||$67|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$346||$592||$312||$18||$94||$1,362||$114|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$144||$346||$250||$14||$76||$830||$69|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$268||$646||$288||$18||$86||$1,306||$109|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$144||$346||$270||$16||$80||$856||$71|
|A5 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Convertible||$262||$690||$318||$18||$94||$1,382||$115|
|A5 2.0T Premium Plus 2-Dr Convertible||$236||$570||$270||$16||$80||$1,172||$98|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$170||$324||$246||$14||$74||$828||$69|
|A5 2.0T Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Convertible||$206||$434||$380||$22||$114||$1,156||$96|
|A5 2.0T Prestige 2-Dr Convertible||$288||$634||$364||$22||$110||$1,418||$118|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$182||$452||$288||$18||$86||$1,026||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in vehicle location which can influence auto insurance rates noticeably.
Audi A5 full coverage rates compared to liability only
The example below visualizes the comparison of Audi A5 annual premium costs with full phyical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data is based on no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no written rule for phasing out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Audi A5 replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing you more than $700 a year for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The illustration below shows how violations and accidents can affect Audi A5 annual premium costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Five Things That Influence Your Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that go into determining your premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
File insurance claims and pay more - Auto insurance companies in Indiana give better rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Lower rates for married couples - Getting married can actually save you money on your car insurance policy. Having a significant other translates into being more responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
How credit history affects car insurance costs - Credit score factor in determining what you pay. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to be more responsible than drivers who have worse credit. Therefore, if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Audi A5 by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Save by driving less - Driving more miles annually the more you'll pay to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. Verify your car insurance policy states the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated A5 is just wasting money.
Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles - The performance of the car or truck you need to insure makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. Because the Audi A5 falls in the luxury sports car class, insurance will be up to twice as much than the average rate where you live in Indianapolis. Lower cost passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Loss statistics for an Audi A5 - Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that tend to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates.
The table below outlines the historical loss data for Audi A5 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Audi A5 Insurance Claim Statistics
|Specific Audi Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A5 2dr 4WD||196||92||140||73||83||100|
|Audi A5 Convertible 4WD||147||73||140||56|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I have guidance from an agent?
Many drivers just want to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you can always visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good provider requires more thought than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
If you want to use a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company's prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Indianapolis that can give you price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you contact a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Indianapolis willing to provide comparison quotes.
Burns Insurance Agency - Commercial, Personal and Transportation Insurance Specialists
1433 N Meridian St - Indianapolis, IN 46202 - (317) 377-1100 - View Map
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though Indianapolis A5 insurance rates can get expensive, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Audi, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Audi for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
More effort can pay off
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can find cheap Audi A5 insurance in Indianapolis. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Indianapolis car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from an unexpected company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Cheap Audi A5 insurance in Indianapolis is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent insurance agents.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Anderson, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)