Do you want more competitive auto insurance rates in Indianapolis, IN? Indianapolis buyers have many options when searching for affordable Chevy Sonic insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance so we're going to tell you the best way to compare rates on a Chevy and obtain the lowest possible price.
This information will help educate you on the most effective ways to compare rates and how you can save the most money. If you already have coverage, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the ideas presented in this article. Comparison shoppers just need to use the most efficient way to quote multiple rates from many different companies online.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Indianapolis, IN. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Don't listen to company ads
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that claim the best car insurance rates by companies like Allstate and Progressive. They all make the point that people will save if you change your auto insurance policy to them.
How is it plausible that every one can charge less that you're paying now? You have to listen carefully.
Many companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that will not have excessive claims. One example of a profitable customer might be over the age of 35, carries full coverage, and has a short commute. A customer that hits that "sweet spot" is entitled to the best price and will also save when they switch companies.
Consumers who fall outside the "perfect" profile will be quoted higher premiums which usually ends up with the customer not purchasing. The wording the ads use say "people who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much money. This is how companies can make it sound like they have such great rates.
This really illustrates why you need to compare free Indianapolis auto insurance quotes often. You cannot predict which insurance companies will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Three good reasons to insure your Sonic
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Sonic insurance, paying for car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Sonic insurance in Indianapolis?
Some insurers do not advertise every disount available very clearly, so the below list has both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Drivers Education - It's a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course if it's offered in school.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Full Payment Discount - By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Organization Discounts - Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Indianapolis is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Military Discounts - Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- No Claims - Claim-free drivers can save substantially in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
To see a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Indiana, click here to view.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Some people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Indianapolis.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to participating agents in Indianapolis that can give you free Indianapolis auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents in Indianapolis are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can sell affordable insurance policies, but it's important to know why they differ because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you get quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Below are independent agencies in Indianapolis who can help you get free insurance rate quotes.
- Dalessandro Agency Inc
4240 N Franklin Rd #109 - Lawrence, IN 46226 - (317) 898-1866 - View Map
- Steffey Hatoway Insurance
8365 Keystone Crossing #202 - Indianapolis, IN 46240 - (317) 334-3743 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Brelage Insurance Agency Inc
5451 Emerson Way - Indianapolis, IN 46226 - (317) 591-2660 - View Map
Agents of this type can only write with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. They are very knowledgeable on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand rather than low price.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Indianapolis who can help you get price quotes.
- State Farm: David R Johnson
4770 S Emerson Ave #J, Indianapolis 46203 - 4770 S Emerson Ave #J, IN 46203 - (317) 782-8858 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Brian Ciesil
1398 Shadeland Ave Ste 2233 - Indianapolis, IN 46219 - (317) 353-6225 - View Map
- Jim Grounds - State Farm Insurance Agent
4745 Statesmen Dr d - Indianapolis, IN 46250 - (317) 842-6807 - View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
Auto insurance policy specifics
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Sonic to bring the cost down.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn't cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims such as medical expenses, funeral expenses and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Indiana state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This provides protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as damage to your Chevy Sonic.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you'll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for nursing services, EMT expenses, dental work, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Affordable car insurance premiums are possible
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
We just presented many tips how you can lower your Chevy Sonic insurance auto insurance rates in Indianapolis. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the best auto insurance rates are with a small mutual company.
Lower-priced car insurance in Indianapolis is possible from both online companies in addition to many Indianapolis insurance agents, so get free Indianapolis auto insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies don't offer online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Additional learning opportunities
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)