Want to know how to find more affordable car insurance rates in Highland, IN? Tired of wondering where the money will come from to pay car insurance each month? You have the same problem as millions of other drivers.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, nearly 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could save as much as 47% a year just by shopping around, but they just don't understand how easy it is to shop around. Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and get the best coverage at the cheapest price on car insurance.
It's smart to get comparison quotes quite often because insurance prices go up and down regularly. If you had the best rates on car insurance a few years ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. You can find a lot of wrong information about car insurance on the web, but I'm going to show you some tested techniques to slash your car insurance rates in Highland.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Indiana. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,058||$529||$88|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$992||$496||$83|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$630||$315||$53|
|Ford F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$922||$461||$77|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$880||$440||$73|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$796||$398||$66|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$566||$283||$47|
|Honda Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$984||$492||$82|
|Honda Odyssey LX||$866||$433||$72|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,122||$561||$94|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$858||$429||$72|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$980||$490||$82|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$818||$409||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease prices significantly.
Insurance premiums by gender in Highland
The information below shows the comparison of annual premium costs for male and female drivers in Highland. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Kia Optima LX.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Here's why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Highland, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will require you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Auto insurance ads are enticing
Indiana drivers get pounded daily by advertisements for auto insurance savings by Allstate and Progressive. All the companies seem to make the promise that drivers will save a bundle if you get a free Highland auto insurance quote and switch your coverage to them.
How does every auto insurance company offer drivers better rates? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Insurance providers quote the lowest rates for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a profitable customer should be between the ages of 30 and 45, is a homeowner, and drives newer vehicles. Any person who meets those qualifications will probably get the lowest car insurance rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who are not a match for these criteria will see a higher rate which leads to the customer buying from a different company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "people that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save the amount stated. This is how companies can truthfully make those statements. Because of these techniques, it is so important to do a quote comparison often. It's impossible to know with any certainty which company will be your best fit.
Cheaper Highland auto insurance quotes with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that many people don't even know exist. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before being credited.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles may allow you to get better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being on active deployment in the military can result in better rates.
- Resident Student - Older children who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Highland auto insurance but check with your company.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Cars that have air bags can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Travelers may have discounts that include save driver, multi-policy, early quote, multi-car, good student, and driver training.
- 21st Century discounts include early bird, student driver, driver training, theft prevention, 55 and older, and homeowners.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, multiple autos, driver's education, good student, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- GEICO has savings for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, driver training, military active duty, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, safe driver, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, and multi-car.
- AAA offers premium reductions for education and occupation, good driver, multi-policy, multi-car, and good student.
When getting free Highland auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all the companies to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply in Highland. To see a list of auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Indiana, click here to view.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every insured's situation is different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
We've covered some good ideas how to save on insurance in Highland. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting low cost Highland auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with the least-expected company.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent and even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Discount insurance in Highland is possible from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not offer internet price quotes and these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Fishers, IN? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)