How long has it been since you compared more affordable insurance rates in Munster, IN? Nobody I know likes buying insurance, especially when they are aware that the prices are way too high.
Unimaginable but true, nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they don't want to spend time to go online and compare rates.
Many auto insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, so it's not easy to compare every insurance company to discover the definitive lowest rate possible on insurance.
If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using the tips covered below. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Munster seems hard but is not really that difficult. But Indiana drivers do need to know how insurance companies determine how much to charge and apply this information to your search.
Affordable auto insurance companies in Munster
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Munster, IN. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$726||$363||$61|
|Chevrolet Malibu LT||$762||$381||$64|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$844||$422||$70|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$820||$410||$68|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$748||$374||$62|
|Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$896||$448||$75|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$980||$490||$82|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$614||$307||$51|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$846||$423||$71|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$826||$413||$69|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$1,070||$535||$89|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,122||$561||$94|
|Nissan Rogue S 2WD||$1,152||$576||$96|
|Toyota Camry LE||$654||$327||$55|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,008||$504||$84|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$864||$432||$72|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can revise premium rates greatly.
Should you raise deductibles?
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can change GMC Acadia insurance rates for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Lower-cost Munster auto insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but some discounts are required to be asked about before they will apply. If you're not getting every credit available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Organization Discounts - Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on auto insurance.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with one company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Driver Safety - Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Claim Free - Drivers who don't have accidents pay much less in comparison to bad drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual permit an accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven't had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a house in Munster can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don't apply the the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don't profit that way.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, and good student.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for age of vehicle, annual mileage, multi-car, anti-theft, good driver, multi-policy, and ease of repair.
- Nationwide has discounts for business or organization, anti-theft, good student, family plan, defensive driving, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- GEICO may offer discounts for driver training, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, good student, and daytime running lights.
- AAA has savings for multi-car, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good student, good driver, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
Double check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in your area. If you would like to see a list of providers with the best auto insurance discounts in Indiana, click here.
It's not one size fits all
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my vehicle?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Comparing prices from local Munster car insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local agents is still important in Munster.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is sent to companies in Munster that give free quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. You'll get the best rates AND a local agent. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
What type of Munster car insurance agent is right for you?
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Munster are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company's rates such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so keep that in mind. They are trained well on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Choosing the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Munster?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Is there a local claims center in Munster?
Can switching companies really save?
Respected companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm seem to constantly run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to advertise the message about how much you will save if you change your policy. How can each company charge you less for car insurance? Just pay attention to how they say it.
All the different companies have an ideal profile for the type of customer that earns them a profit. One example of this type of driver might be between 25 and 40, has a low-risk occupation, and drives newer vehicles. Someone who matches those parameters will most likely get cheap premium rates and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
People who don't meet those standards will be quoted more expensive rates and the customer buying from someone else. The wording the ads use say "customers that switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much when switching. This is how companies can truthfully make claims like that.
Because of this risk profiling, you really should get Munster auto insurance quotes as often as possible. Because you cannot predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
Low-cost car insurance in Munster is attainable both online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
While you're price shopping online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
People switch companies for many reasons like poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
More tips and info about car insurance is available in these articles:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in South Bend, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)