Finding affordable Evansville Ford Fiesta insurance quotes online may seem to be overwhelming for people that are relatively new to comparison shopping online. With more and more insurance companies available, how are we expected to have a chance to compare every company in order to find the cheapest price possible?
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for more than four years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Many consumers in Indiana could save themselves up to 55% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't know the rate savings if they bought a different policy.
Choosing the best rates in Evansville is really not that difficult. If you're already insured, you should be able to cut your premiums using this strategy. Although Indiana vehicle owners benefit from understanding the way companies set your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
Cheap companies for Ford Fiesta insurance
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Auto insurance companies don't necessarily list their entire list of discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Evansville car insurance online.
- Waiver for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory air bags may get savings up to 30%.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Safety Course Discount - Completing a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Multi-line Discount - Larger companies have a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you combine your auto and home policies and place coverage with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying insurance on a new vehicle can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
It's important to understand that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky.
Companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for good student, renewal discount, multi-policy, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, student away at school, defensive driving training, multiple policy, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and driver's education.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, and multi-policy.
- Allstate includes discounts for defensive driver, auto/life discount, good student, senior citizen, and resident student.
- Nationwide has savings for easy pay, business or organization, multi-policy, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, and family plan.
- MetLife may offer discounts for claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, and good driver.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts might not apply in Evansville.
Independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
Some people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Evansville who will give you quotes for your coverage. You don't have to leave your house because prices are sent to you. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing a company is decision based upon more than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Exclusive and independent Evansville car insurance agents
When looking for a local Evansville insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company's prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Evansville that are able to give price quote information.
- Felicia Chisholm - State Farm Insurance Agent
1211 Tutor Ln Ste F - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 471-3276 - View Map
- Amy Higgs - State Farm Insurance Agent
10933 IN-66 - Evansville, IN 47712 - (812) 985-0934 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Robert Sheffer
1343 Tutor Ln b - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 437-4772 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparison shopping, you definitely need to compare prices from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Evansville that can give you comparison quotes.
- Torian, Hofmann, Dillow and Flittner
3000 E Division St - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 424-5503 - View Map
- Dean Webster Insurance Agency
1136 Washington Square - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 491-0995 - View Map
- Schultheis Insurance
32 N Weinbach Ave - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 479-8651 - View Map
After getting answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to adequately provide auto insurance.
In the end, you can save money
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high prices, denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers or poor customer service. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We covered a lot of tips how to shop for Ford Fiesta insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest auto insurance rates come from a small local company.
Lower-priced car insurance in Evansville is possible on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Greenwood, Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)