How long has it been since the last time you looked for cheaper Kia Soul insurance in Fort Wayne? Pretty sure you bought an overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us, many Fort Wayne consumers are in the same pinch.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. The average driver in Fort Wayne can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most just don't grasp the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy. People have so many insurers to pick from, and although it's nice to have a choice, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare rates and find the lowest cost auto insurance.
Best companies for low-cost Kia Soul insurance in Indiana
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in Fort Wayne location which can impact auto insurance rates greatly.
Kia Soul insurance rates: Men versus women
The information below illustrates the comparison of Kia Soul car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Careless Fort Wayne drivers pay higher rates
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents raise Kia Soul insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the different types of things that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower rates. Many different elements are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but some are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- Bundle and save - Lots of insurance companies will award lower prices to buyers that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Your credit history is important - Having a good credit score can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit history is low, you could pay less to insure your Kia Soul by improving your rating. People with good credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with bad credit.
- Youthful driver insurance premiums - Teenage drivers in Indiana are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
- Keep prices low by being claim-free - If you frequently file small claims, don't be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in Indiana give the lowest premiums to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
- Does your employer raise your rates? - Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like lawyers, police officers, and medical professionals generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work-related stress and long work days. Other careers like professors, students and homemakers get better rates.
- Safety ratings are a factor - Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Kia Soul has ratings of a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Eliminate unneeded extra policy coverages - There are a ton of extra coverages you can purchase if you aren't diligent. Things like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
- Drive less and save - The higher the mileage driven each year the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Incorrect rating for your Soul can cost quite a bit. Double check that your declarations sheet reflects the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Kia Soul claim data - Insurance companies study historical loss data to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that have higher loss trends will cost more for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Kia Soul vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehiclescombined as an average is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Kia Soul Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Soul 89 98 84 138 138 118
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some providers don't list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the following list contains both the well known and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Good Driver Discounts - Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Fort Wayne car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers that enable companies to study driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Federal Government Employee - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Kia Soul insurance in Fort Wayne.
- Paperless Signup - A handful of larger companies will give a small break shop Fort Wayne car insurance digitally online.
- Student in College - Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Save over 55 - If you're over the age of 55, you are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include switch companies, mature driver, early shopping, electronic funds transfer, and teen driver.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for renewal discount, safe driver, good student, 55 and retired, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and youthful driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, student away at school, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, driver's education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO discounts include defensive driver, daytime running lights, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, and federal employee.
- SAFECO offers discounts including safe driver, multi-car, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, and drive less.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new graduate, newly retired, multi-policy, hybrid vehicle, and exclusive group savings.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not be offered on policies in your state.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Fort Wayne auto insurance agent
Many drivers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agents is important particularly in Fort Wayne.
After filling out this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to companies in Fort Wayne that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, you can always visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
If you need to find local Fort Wayne agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents in Fort Wayne can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can write policy coverage, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies through many companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you should always check rates from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
Below are Fort Wayne independent insurance agents who may provide competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies work for only one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company's prices so you might not find the best rates. They are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Fort Wayne willing to provide rate quotes.
W.C. Starks - State Farm Insurance Agent
3818 S Calhoun St - Fort Wayne, IN 46807 - (260) 744-4357 - View Map
Selecting an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How long have they been in business?
- Where are claims handled?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Tricks in insurance advertising
Indiana drivers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings for switching by companies like State Farm and Allstate. All the ads tend to make the same promise that drivers will save a bundle just by switching your policy.
How does each company charge less that you're paying now? Here is how they do it.
Insurance providers have a preferred profile for the right customer that makes them money. An example of this type of risk profile could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. A customer getting a price quote who matches that profile gets the lowest car insurance rates and therefore will save money with a new company.
Consumers who don't meet the "perfect" profile will be quoted higher rates and this results in the customer not purchasing. The ads state "customers that switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much when switching. That's why companies can lure you into getting a quote.
Because of this risk profiling, you really need to compare price quotes frequently. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest Kia Soul insurance in Fort Wayne.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Smart shoppers get results
Affordable Kia Soul insurance in Fort Wayne can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can reduce Kia Soul insurance auto insurance rates online in Fort Wayne. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Fort Wayne car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a small local company.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to find out they didn't purchase enough coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
More learning opportunities
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Jeffersonville, IN? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Lafayette, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)