Do you want more affordable Subaru Impreza insurance in Indianapolis? Being forced to pay for high-priced auto insurance premiums can deplete your family's budget and possibly require postponing other expenditures.
A recent survey discovered that nearly 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. With the average premium in Indiana being $1,400, drivers can cut their rates by nearly 55% a year by just shopping around, but they don't want to take the time to compare rates.
Big-name insurance companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO persitently shower you with catchy ads and it can be hard to see through the deception and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the lowest price on Subaru Impreza insurance in Indianapolis a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I'm going to teach you how to quote online to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas covered in this article. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Indianapolis is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. But Indiana consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how insurance companies determine what you pay because it can help you find the best coverage.
Indianapolis insurance discounts for a Subaru Impreza
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not know about. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but a few need to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Accident Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates in comparison with bad drivers.
- Good Student Discount - Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Anti-theft Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driver Education Discount - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class in high school.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Active Military Service - Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Indianapolis Homeowners Discount - Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The best auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- MetLife includes discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, good driver, and claim-free.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, defensive driving training, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including accident-free, anti-theft, type of vehicle, good student, annual mileage, multi-policy, and professional/association.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, teen driver, driver training, student driver, and defensive driver.
- Allstate has savings for resident student, multi-policy, anti-theft, utility vehicle, and 55 and retired.
If you want low cost Indianapolis car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available everywhere. To find insurers that offer multiple discounts in Indiana, follow this link.
Many insurance companies give coverage price quotes on their websites. Getting quotes for Subaru Impreza insurance in Indianapolis is pretty painless as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want on the page. Once entered, their rating system collects your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information. This makes comparing rates easy, and it's also necessary to perform this step in order to find the lowest payment possible.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you copy the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive a fair comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Impreza 2.5I 4WD Station Wagon||$236||$412||$340||$20||$102||$1,110||$93|
|Impreza 2.5I 4WD Station Wagon||$208||$370||$318||$18||$94||$1,008||$84|
|Impreza Outback Sport 4WD Station Wagon||$160||$272||$290||$18||$86||$826||$69|
|Impreza 2.5I AWD 4-Dr||$272||$450||$380||$22||$114||$1,238||$103|
|Impreza 2.5I Premium Package AWD 4-Dr||$192||$392||$364||$22||$110||$1,080||$90|
|Impreza WRX 4WD Station Wagon||$234||$504||$294||$18||$88||$1,138||$95|
|Impreza 2.5 GT 4WD Station Wagon||$168||$270||$280||$16||$84||$818||$68|
|Impreza WRX AWD 4-Dr||$210||$412||$264||$16||$80||$982||$82|
|Impreza 2.5I GT AWD 4-Dr||$262||$560||$364||$22||$110||$1,318||$110|
|Impreza WRX STI 4WD Station Wagon||$262||$580||$294||$18||$88||$1,242||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can impact rates substantially.
Comparison of car insurance rates by age and gender
The example below illustrates the difference between Subaru Impreza insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Car insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Many people still prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local. Supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Indianapolis.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won't need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. It's the lowest rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Different types of Indianapolis auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find local Indianapolis agents, it's helpful to know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance policy providers are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won't have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below are Indianapolis independent insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Brelage Insurance Agency Inc
5451 Emerson Way - Indianapolis, IN 46226 - (317) 591-2660 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Indianapolis willing to provide rate quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Indianapolis should know the answers to these questions.
- If they are an independent agency in Indianapolis, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Indiana?
Quote. Compare. Save.
As you quote Indianapolis car insurance, it's not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Budget-conscious Subaru Impreza insurance can be bought from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on Subaru Impreza insurance in Indianapolis. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small mutual company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Bad Credit in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Anderson, Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Portage, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)