Want a free price quotes on more competitive car insurance rates in West Lafayette, IN? Are you tired of paying out the nose to insure your vehicles every month? You're in the same situation as millions of other vehicle owners.
A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for over three years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. With the average car insurance premium being $1,389, West Lafayette drivers can save up to $700 each year, but they think it's difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes. Many car insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and uncover the absolute lowest price on car insurance.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes as often as possible due to the fact that insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you found the best deal on car insurance two years ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the best way to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you are already insured or just want to save money, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates without reducing coverage. Buying the cheapest insurance in West Lafayette is much easier if you have a good place to start. Shoppers only need an understanding of the proper way to shop their coverage around from multiple carriers.
Auto insurance companies in West Lafayette
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in West Lafayette, IN. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$820||$410||$68|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$922||$461||$77|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,282||$641||$107|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$854||$427||$71|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,024||$512||$85|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$1,080||$540||$90|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$920||$460||$77|
|GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$826||$413||$69|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$866||$433||$72|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$838||$419||$70|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$952||$476||$79|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L||$766||$383||$64|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$778||$389||$65|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$788||$394||$66|
|Kia Optima EX||$1,138||$569||$95|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$922||$461||$77|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,012||$506||$84|
|Toyota Camry LE||$744||$372||$62|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$802||$401||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific West Lafayette garaging location which can affect insurance rates considerably.
Careless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions raise Toyota Corolla insurance rates for each different age group. The rates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Cheap West Lafayette car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident without raising rates as long as you don't have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Claim Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Active Military Service - Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Driver Safety - Successfully completing a course in defensive driving could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Club Memberships - Being in certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn't work that way.
A list of companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- American Family may have discounts that include early bird, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, defensive driving training, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, accident-free, and student away at school.
- 21st Century may include discounts for 55 and older, automatic seat belts, good student, theft prevention, and air bags.
- Travelers includes discounts for new car, continuous insurance, payment discounts, good student, and save driver.
- GEICO has savings for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, and driver training.
When getting free West Lafayette car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in West Lafayette. To locate companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Indiana, click this link.
Local West Lafayette auto insurance agents and insurance
Many people would rather go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this short form, the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in West Lafayette who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to find an agent because prices are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an provider requires more thought than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
If you receive answers to your satisfaction to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it's possible that you found an insurer that is reputable and can properly service your insurance policy. It's important to know that it's your coverage and you can terminate your policy whenever you choose to so never assume that you're stuck with a specific company for a certain time period.
Insurance policy coverages
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for pain medications, rehabilitation expenses and surgery. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other's property or people by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/10 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as funeral expenses, attorney fees, emergency aid, loss of income and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Indiana requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield and hail damage. The highest amount you'll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the "other guys" either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your vehicle.
Since many Indiana drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Indiana limits are 25/50/10), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Collision insurance covers damage to your vehicle from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It's also possible to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Quote often and quote early
More affordable insurance in West Lafayette is definitely available on the web in addition to many West Lafayette insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not provide online rate quotes and these regional insurance providers work with local independent agents.
As you quote West Lafayette car insurance, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Lawrence, Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Richmond, Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Elkhart, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)