Would you like to stop wasting money and find lower-priced insurance rates in Crawfordsville, IN? Finding better insurance prices for a car in Indiana can be difficult, but you can use the following methods and make it easy. There is a better way to compare insurance rates and we'll show you the best way to get price quotes on a and get the lowest possible price from Crawfordsville insurance agents and online providers.
Lowering your insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing free Crawfordsville car insurance quotes to discover which company has inexpensive Crawfordsville car insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Indiana. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$700||$350||$58|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$922||$461||$77|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$1,210||$605||$101|
|Ford Edge SE 2WD||$756||$378||$63|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$950||$475||$79|
|Ford F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$690||$345||$58|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$930||$465||$78|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,118||$559||$93|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$950||$475||$79|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$868||$434||$72|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$904||$452||$75|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$896||$448||$75|
|Kia Optima LX||$894||$447||$75|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,058||$529||$88|
|Toyota Camry SE||$906||$453||$76|
|Toyota Corolla S||$900||$450||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can revise prices noticeably.
Impact of speeding/accidents on Crawfordsville auto insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can influence Nissan Altima premium costs for each different age group. The data is based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Why insurance is not optional
Even though rates can get expensive, buying insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your vehicle more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Indiana overpays as much as $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
The largest companies are not always cheapest
Indiana consumers can't escape the ads for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like Allstate and Progressive. They all seem to make an identical promise that people will save if you move your auto insurance policy to them.
Is it even possible that every company can save you money on auto insurance? It's all in the numbers.
Most companies have specific criteria for the type of driver that makes them money. For instance, this type of risk profile might be described as between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and has excellent credit. A customer that matches those criteria gets the lowest premium rates as well as pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who fall short of these criteria will probably be forced to pay a more expensive rate which results in business going elsewhere. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "drivers that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much money. That's why companies can make those statements. Because of this risk profiling, drivers should compare free Crawfordsville car insurance quotes often. Because you cannot predict with any certainty which company will fit your personal profile best.
Don't overlook these insurance discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be significant discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but a few need to be manually applied before being credited. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Student in College - Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Require your teen driver to take driver's ed class in school.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Insuring a new car may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Having several vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Options like air bags could see savings up to 30%.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don't profit that way.
A list of insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts for good driver, safe vehicle, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance includes discounts for DriveSense, paid-in-full, Switch & Save, online shopper, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, good student, newly retired, safety features, hybrid vehicle, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including mature driver, safe vehicle, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, student away at school, and group or association.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, air bags, driver training, and federal employee.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company the best way to save money. Some credits might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To locate insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Crawfordsville, click here.
When to get professional advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. You are unique so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions might point out if you may require specific advice.
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Indiana?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- What policy terms are available?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Indiana?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare car insurance rates regularly to save
Cheaper car insurance in Crawfordsville can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Crawfordsville agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Much more information about car insurance in Indiana can be found at the links below
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Kia Forte in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)