Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an overpriced insurance policy? It's a common feeling and there are lots of Evansville residents who feel the same.
Regrettably, a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in Indiana can save almost 55% each year, but they feel it's too difficult to compare rate quotes online. Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually bombard you with ad campaigns and it is difficult to separate fact from fiction and do the work needed to find the best deal.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Evansville, IN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance is an important decision
Even though Evansville Equus insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required in Indiana but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Hyundai, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Hyundai at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Evansville is wasting up to $830 a year so it's important to compare rates every year to save money.
These discounts can slash Hyundai Equus insurance rates
Car insurance companies don't always list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Driver Safety - Participating in a course teaching driver safety skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total Equus insurance premium.
- Payment Method - If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving less could earn substantially lower prices.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren't that generous. But all discounts should help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
Some of the larger companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in every state.
Local insurance agents
Many drivers still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get better rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local agents is important particularly in Evansville.
After completing this short form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Evansville that give free quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent as quotes are delivered directly to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Evansville are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both provide car insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you should always check rates from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Evansville that may be able to give you rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company's prices and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so always compare other rates. They are highly trained on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Evansville who can help you get rate quotes.
Martin Woodruff - State Farm Insurance Agent
2001 W Franklin St - Evansville, IN 47712 - (812) 424-1762 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How are they compensated?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Evansville?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
After you get good responses to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that can service your policy.
When do I need an agent's advice?
When buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Hyundai Equus?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Compare insurance prices regularly to save
Lower-priced insurance in Evansville can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not offer online quoting and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
People leave their current company for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal or denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
When getting Evansville car insurance quotes online, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Fishers, IN? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Portage, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)