Scraping up a payment for pricey Porsche Boxster insurance in Evansville can take a big chunk out of your personal savings and put the squeeze on your family's finances. Performing a price comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to lower your monthly bill.
Unthinkable but true, most drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in Indiana could save an average of nearly 55% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't believe the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company. With so many choices of insurance companies that have affordable insurance for a Porsche Boxster in Evansville, it's difficult to pick the most affordable company.
It's a good habit to get comparison quotes as often as possible since insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best quotes on Porsche Boxster insurance in Evansville a couple years back you can probably find a better rate now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because it's time to teach you how to use the internet to lower your annual insurance bill.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available. If they aren't giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- College Student - College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Evansville and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Evansville car insurance quote as compared to bad drivers.
- Early Signing - Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Multi-line Discount - Select companies reward you with a lower price if you buy a life policy as well.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include driver training, renewal discount, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver's education, good student, accident-free, passive restraint, multiple policy, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online signing.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for senior citizen, anti-lock brakes, good payer, early signing, multi-policy, auto/life discount, and teenSMART discount.
- Nationwide has savings for anti-theft, defensive driving, accident-free, multi-policy, family plan, and business or organization.
- MetLife has discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, good student, good driver, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Evansville. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Indiana, click here.
The method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Porsche Boxster insurance in Evansville is to take advantage of the fact auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information such as how much you drive, your occupation, types of safety features, and how old drivers are. Those rating factors is sent automatically to insurance carriers in your area and you get price estimates immediately.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in Evansville, IN. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Boxster 2-Dr Convertible||$132||$266||$230||$14||$68||$710||$59|
|Boxster S 2-Dr Convertible||$206||$434||$322||$20||$96||$1,078||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can change premium rates significantly.
Gender-based car insurance rates by age
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Porsche Boxster insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Car insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders increase Porsche Boxster insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Get More Affordable Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your commute time. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find big savings.
Listed below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
- Women pay lower prices - Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Both genders get in fender benders at a similar rate, but the males get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Males from age 16 to 21 are the most expensive to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Premiums are impacted by vehicle performance - The type of car, truck or SUV you drive makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The best insurance prices are usually for smaller low performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors. Since the Porsche Boxster is classified as a luxury sports car, insuring your vehicle will cost up to twice as much as compared to the average rate in Evansville.
- Rates increase with driving citations - A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Good drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. People who have dangerous tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state's licensing department in order to keep their license.
- Fewer miles means better prices - Driving more miles every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that have low annual miles cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Double check that your policy reflects the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. Improper usage on your Boxster can result in significantly higher rates.
- Porsche Boxster insurance loss statistics - Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will be charged more to insure.
The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Porsche Boxster vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehiclescombined as an average is set at 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Porsche Boxster Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche Boxster Convertible 135 47 121 31
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to contact an agent
Some consumers just prefer to have an agent's advice. Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Evansville.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Evansville who will return price quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you need to find an insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Evansville are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both sell affordable car insurance policies, but it's important to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
Below are independent insurance agents in Evansville who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
Lancaster Insurance Agency
658 S Green River Rd - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 477-8883 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Evansville that can give you rate quotes.
Selecting an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Porsche Boxster, it's most likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank will be required to insure your Porsche for a lot more money and require you to fork over for it.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America overpays as much as $810 a year so compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just presented a lot of techniques to reduce Porsche Boxster insurance rates online in Evansville. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Porsche Boxster rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you prepare to switch companies, don't be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional information can be found below:
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Lawrence, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)