Are you sick of overpaying and want more affordable Chevy Colorado insurance in Fort Wayne? Having to pay for overpriced Chevrolet Colorado insurance in Fort Wayne can take a big chunk out of your family's budget and make it tough to pay other bills. Comparing cost estimates is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to make sure you're not throwing money away.
Unimaginable but true, 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Indiana can cut their rates by approximately $697 a year, but they don't want to spend time to find cheap insurance by shopping around. Multiple insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it's not easy to compare every insurer to find the best rates possible on Chevy Colorado insurance in Fort Wayne.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Fort Wayne can be easy if you know a few tricks. Consumers just have to learn the least time-consuming way to compare rate quotes from multiple carriers.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Lots of things are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although others are not quite as obvious like where you live or your commute time. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get big savings.
Shown below are some of the things used by your company to calculate your rate level.
Bundle policies with the same company - Lots of insurers will award better rates to buyers who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount, you may still want to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
What's your car's safety rating? - Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If your Chevy is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
Which gender costs less? - Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn't mean women are better drivers. They both get in auto accidents at about the same rate, but guys tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Incidental coverages push up premiums - Policies have optional add-on coverages that can waste your money on your car insurance policy. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and term life insurance are some examples. They may seem like a good idea at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
Cheaper prices using theft deterrents - Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all aid in stopping auto theft.
Long commutes cost more - Driving a lot of miles in a year's time the higher your rate. Almost all companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Colorado may be wasting your money. It's a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet reflects annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Rates can be impacted by your vocation - Occupational choices like real estate brokers, social workers and financial analysts tend to have higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work requirements and long work hours. On the flip side, careers like professors, historians and performers pay the least.
Discounts for married couples - Having a significant other may save some money on your car insurance bill. It may mean you are more responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Insurance losses for a Chevy Colorado - Insurers use historical loss data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure.
The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Chevy Colorado vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Colorado Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 2WD||73||57||64|
|Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4WD||90||89||86||67|
|Chevrolet Colorado Ext Cab 2WD||55|
|Chevrolet Colorado Ext Cab 4WD||67|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
The quickest method to compare policy rates for Chevy Colorado insurance in Fort Wayne is to know the trick auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give free rates quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide a little information like daily mileage, if you have a valid license, whether you are married, and if it has an alarm system. Your information is submitted instantly to multiple insurance providers and they return quotes quickly.
To find lower affordable Chevy Colorado insurance rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Fort Wayne.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Fort Wayne, IN. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Colorado LT 2WD||$126||$274||$364||$22||$110||$896||$75|
|Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$162||$376||$318||$18||$94||$968||$81|
|Colorado LT 4WD||$118||$202||$224||$14||$68||$626||$52|
|Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$234||$536||$380||$22||$114||$1,286||$107|
|Colorado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$182||$370||$270||$16||$80||$918||$77|
|Colorado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$170||$310||$230||$14||$68||$792||$66|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Fort Wayne location which can influence coverage prices considerably.
Raise deductibles and save
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can impact Chevrolet Colorado yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Is there deception in advertising?
Consumers can't avoid all the ads for cheaper car insurance by companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all have a common claim that people will save if you switch your coverage.
But how can every company make almost identical claims? This is the way they can do it.
All companies have underwriting criteria for the type of driver that will be a good risk. An example of a preferred risk could possibly be over the age of 50, has few claims, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Any person who fits those characteristics will most likely get cheap premium rates and will also save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who cannot meet those standards may be forced to pay higher prices and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you pay attention, the ads say "people that switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much money. That's why companies can truthfully claim big savings. This emphasizes why it's extremely important to compare rate quotes every year. You cannot predict with any certainty which company will provide you with the cheapest Chevy Colorado insurance in Fort Wayne.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Fort Wayne, buying insurance is required in Indiana but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Colorado has a loan, most banks will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Chevy Colorado but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Indiana is overpaying over $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Some providers don't always publicize every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Life Insurance Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy life insurance.
- Seat Belts Save - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Onboard Data Collection - Drivers that enable their insurance company to analyze their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive's Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you're out of luck. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut the amount you pay for coverage.
Large car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for location of vehicle, professional/association, annual mileage, age of vehicle, accident-free, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for multi-car, youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, early shopping, pay in full, and mature driver.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for safe driver, 55 and retired, driver training, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, passive restraint, accident-free, student away at school, and driver's education.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including teenSMART discount, senior citizen, early signing, EZ pay plan discount, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, good student, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not be offered in your area.
Local Fort Wayne auto insurance agents and insurance
Many drivers prefer to buy from a licensed agent. Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain lower prices but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that can provide free Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting a insurer requires more thought than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How long have they been in business?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Fort Wayne?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
When finding a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they work. Insurance agencies in Fort Wayne can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can write insurance policies, but we need to point out how they differ since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only write with one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
The following are Fort Wayne exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Kent Paul - State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 W Dupont Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 478-2222 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they can write business through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are Fort Wayne independent insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
After you get good answers to all your questions and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can be trusted to insure your vehicles. But remember, you are entitled to cancel your policy any time you want so don't think you are locked into the insurance policy with no way out.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Chevy Colorado?
- Is my trailer covered?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Chevy Colorado?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- What is glass protection for?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Quote. Compare. Save.
When getting Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes online, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced full coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
The cheapest Chevy Colorado insurance in Fort Wayne can be found online and with local Fort Wayne insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
Additional detailed information is located by following these links:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Company Car in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Merrillville, IN? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)