How long has it been since you compared quotes for cheaper Chevy Suburban insurance in Fort Wayne? Consumers that are new to shopping for auto insurance online are likely to find purchasing low cost Chevrolet Suburban insurance is harder than it needs to be.
It's astonishing, but 70% of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never shopped around. Many drivers in Fort Wayne could cut their rates by as much as 55% a year, but they just don't understand the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
It's a great practice to do rate comparisons every six months because prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Chevy Suburban insurance in Fort Wayne six months ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I'm going to teach you the tricks you need to know to find lower rates on insurance.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Fort Wayne can be made easier if you know where to look. If you have a policy now, you should be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. But Indiana consumers need to learn the way insurance companies market on the web because it varies considerably.
Lower-cost Fort Wayne auto insurance rates with discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but there's a good chance there are discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but some discounts are required to be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- College Student - Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Fort Wayne without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Responsible Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Data Collection Discounts - Policyholders that allow driving data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don't profit that way. Any amount of discount should help reduce your policy premiums.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, safe vehicle, multiple autos, good driver, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, military active duty, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, and daytime running lights.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including multi-policy, new graduate, good student, teen driver discount, new move discount, and safety features.
- The Hartford has discounts for air bag, good student, driver training, defensive driver, and bundle.
- MetLife may have discounts that include accident-free, good student, defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, online signing, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. If you would like to view providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Fort Wayne, click here to view.
Many insurance companies allow you to get price estimates online. Comparing Chevy Suburban insurance rates online is quite easy as you just enter your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, their rating system sends out for reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on the data you entered.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find a lower rate.
If you want to find out how much you can save on insurance, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This ensures you will be getting a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Indiana. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Suburban LS 2WD||$116||$190||$264||$16||$80||$666||$56|
|Suburban LT 2WD||$310||$436||$368||$22||$110||$1,246||$104|
|Suburban LS 4WD||$194||$288||$286||$16||$86||$870||$73|
|Suburban LT 4WD||$138||$212||$290||$18||$86||$744||$62|
|Suburban LTZ 2WD||$190||$366||$270||$16||$80||$922||$77|
|Suburban LTZ 4WD||$212||$392||$364||$22||$110||$1,100||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can influence premiums noticeably.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The example below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can drive up Chevrolet Suburban insurance premiums for different insured age categories. The data is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Chevrolet Suburban insurance premiums for each age group. The rates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the things that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to cheaper rates. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
- File claims and pay more - Companies in Indiana generally give cheaper rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is designed for larger claims.
- Protect yourself with liability protection - Your policy's liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Cars with good safety ratings means lower prices - Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates.
- How old are your drivers? - Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit.Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
- Driving citations mean higher costs - Just one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Good drivers get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have careless citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to complete a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Insurance costs and driver gender - Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, don't assume that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women have fender benders at about the same rate, but males tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Drivers with high credit save on auto insurance - Your credit rating can be a huge factor in determining your rates. If your credit is lower than you'd like, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Suburban if you improve your credit rating. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with poor credit scores.
- Insurance loss data for a Chevy Suburban - Car insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that statistically have a trend towards higher claims will cost more to insure.
The data below shows the historical loss data for Chevy Suburban vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage values above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Suburban Models
Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Suburban 1500 4dr 2WD 90 92 90 67 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 4dr 4WD 109 113 124 72 70
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people still like to have an agent's advice and that is OK! An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain better rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Fort Wayne who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, you can always visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How are claims handled?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
Fort Wayne car insurance agents come in two flavors
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Fort Wayne may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below are Fort Wayne exclusive agents who may provide you with price quotes.
- Valentine White-Xayarath - State Farm Insurance Agent
5533 S Anthony Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46806 - (260) 447-1074 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Adrian Hernandez
3474 Stellhorn Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 485-0122 - View Map
- Shawn Corbett - State Farm Insurance Agent
6061 N Clinton St - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 484-6199 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, it's recommended you get quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Fort Wayne who can help you get price quote information.
- Real Estate Agents Health Insurance Direct
8411 Clinton Park Dr - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (855) 343-7344 - View Map
- Hylant Group
6714 Pointe Inverness Way #100 - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 969-3900 - View Map
- PMG Agency
3711 Rupp Dr #103 - Fort Wayne, IN 46835 - (260) 436-9669 - View Map
After receiving acceptable answers and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to service your policy.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Indiana is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Suburban in Fort Wayne, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Suburban has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so it's important to compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Quote more to save more
Cheaper auto insurance in Fort Wayne is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Fort Wayne agents, so get free Fort Wayne car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. A few companies don't offer online price quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell through independent agencies.
When shopping online for auto insurance, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to find affordable Chevy Suburban insurance in Fort Wayne. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Fort Wayne car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates come from a small local company.
Helpful learning opportunities
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Unemployed Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Auto Insurance for a Honda Pilot? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Muncie, IN? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Elkhart, Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)