Tired of scraping nickels together to pay your car insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than the majority of other people in Indiana.
Unbelievably, nearly 70% of customers have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. American drivers could cut their rates by about $850 a year just by shopping around, but they just feel it's too hard to compare rate quotes online. Companies like GEICO and Progressive persitently shower you with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to ignore the promise of big savings and find the best price available.
It's a great practice to check car insurance prices once or twice a year because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the lowest price on Chrysler 200 insurance in Indianapolis at your last renewal a different company probably has better rates today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the best methods to find great coverage at a great price.
Compare Chrysler 200 insurance rates
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is surprisingly easy. Just spend a little time getting comparison quotes online with multiple companies.
It's so fast and easy to compare quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to go to different Indianapolis agent offices. Comparing Chrysler 200 insurance rates online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the extra assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. You can, however, price shop online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Take policy discounts and save on Chrysler 200 insurance in Indianapolis
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you can get discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some need to be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Seniors can get lower premium rates.
- Life Insurance Discount - Some companies give lower car insurance rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Participating in a defensive driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks with the same car insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Employee of Federal Government - Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles could qualify for discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
Don't be surprised that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
A list of car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- 21st Century offers discounts including theft prevention, driver training, automatic seat belts, good student, air bags, defensive driver, and 55 and older.
- State Farm discounts include defensive driving training, good driver, passive restraint, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, and accident-free.
- AAA has savings for AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good driver, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for exclusive group savings, multi-car, new vehicle discount, good student, and new move discount.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, good student, and multi-vehicle.
Before buying, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some credits might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Indianapolis insurance agency
Some consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is still important in Indianapolis.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Auto insurance policy providers are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both handle auto insurance, but it's important to know the differences because it can factor into the selection process.
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to find a new agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Indianapolis who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Indianapolis willing to provide comparison quotes.
Picking a insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Indiana?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Indianapolis Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Multiple criteria are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Prevent theft and save - Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
- Uninterrupted coverage saves money - Driving your car without having proper coverage can get you a ticket and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You could then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Indiana department of motor vehicles.
- Bundle and save - Most companies provide lower prices to customers who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even if you're getting this discount it's always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- What's your car's crash test rating? - Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If the Chrysler 200 scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
- Adjust comp and collision deductibles and save - Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Chrysler 200 statistical loss data - Insurance companies factor in historical loss data to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates. The next table shows the historical loss data for Chrysler 200 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Chrysler 200 Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chrysler 200 2WD 117 113 116 174 189 152 Chrysler 200 4WD 117 112 108 127
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chrysler 200 in Indianapolis, auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chrysler 200, almost every bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chrysler for a lot more money and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Chrysler 200. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Chrysler gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $855 a year so it's recommended you shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Find cheap insurance rates by comparing often
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Chrysler 200 insurance in Indianapolis. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best car insurance rates are with the least-expected company. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Cheaper Chrysler 200 insurance in Indianapolis can be found from both online companies and with local Indianapolis insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Car Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Mishawaka, IN? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in New Albany, Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Elkhart, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)