Want to learn how to save money and find cheaper Audi A8 insurance in Indianapolis? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced Audi A8 insurance in Indianapolis? Don't feel bad because many Indianapolis consumers feel financially strained by their auto insurance policy.
It's amazing but most auto insurance buyers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in Indianapolis can cut their rates by as much as $697 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate how much they could save if they just switched companies. People have many insurers to pick from, and although it's nice to have a choice, more choices can make it harder to compare rates for Audi A8 insurance in Indianapolis.
Consumers need to shop coverage around at least once a year because auto insurance prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Audi A8 insurance in Indianapolis a year ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in how to use the internet to lower your annual insurance bill.
Compare Audi A8 insurance rates
All major auto insurance companies allow you to get price estimates directly from their websites. Getting online rates for Audi A8 insurance in Indianapolis doesn't take a lot of time because you just enter the coverages you want into the quote form. When the form is submitted, the company's rating system obtains your credit score and driving record and quotes a price determined by many factors. This makes it simple to compare prices and it's also necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for cheap rates.
If you want to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you copy the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you will have a price comparison based on similar coverages.
The following companies can provide quotes in Indiana. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A8 4.2 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$282||$644||$318||$18||$94||$1,356||$113|
|A8 4.2L Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$396||$850||$380||$22||$114||$1,762||$147|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in Indianapolis location which can modify insurance rates greatly.
Do you need full coverage?
The information below shows the comparison of Audi A8 annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact rule to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Audi A8 replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing in excess of $300 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Audi A8 insurance in Indianapolis
Some providers don't list all available discounts very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- E-sign Discounts - Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Larger insurance companies have a lower price if you buy some life insurance too.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on A8 insurance in Indianapolis.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less as opposed to frequent claim filers.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, you aren't that lucky.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, driver training, good student, membership and employees, and military active duty.
- Travelers offers discounts including save driver, multi-policy, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, and home ownership.
- Nationwide offers discounts for anti-theft, good student, defensive driving, easy pay, family plan, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for distant student, homeowner, mature driver, alternative fuel, pay in full, and electronic funds transfer.
- Esurance may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, Switch & Save, paid-in-full, and online quote.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, good driver, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, good driver, age of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, and ease of repair.
Double check with every prospective company the best way to save money. Some credits might not apply in Indianapolis.
Should I contact an insurance agent?
Some consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain lower car insurance rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local agents is important especially in Indianapolis.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Indianapolis who want to provide quotes to get your business. You won't need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Types of auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents in Indianapolis can be described as either exclusive or independent. Both types can do a good job, but it is important to understand the subtle differences since it may influence which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, you absolutely need to contact a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below are Indianapolis independent agencies who may provide pricing information.
Affordable Insurance Agency
10 S Mickley Ave - Indianapolis, IN 46241 - (317) 484-9195 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
Below are exclusive agencies in Indianapolis who can help you get price quote information.
Selecting an insurance agency shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How are they compensated?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Once you have positive feedback to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can adequately provide auto insurance. But keep in mind you are able to cancel a policy whenever you want so don't feel that you're stuck with a specific company for a certain time period.
How much insurance do I need?
When quoting and choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really is not a "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Indiana?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Five factors that determine insurance costs
Many things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. It's important that you understand some of the elements that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you big savings.
The list below includes some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
Battle of the sexes - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
You may save more by consolidating policies - The majority of car insurance companies provide discounts to buyers who consolidate policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. If you currently are using one company, it's always a smart idea to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. It's possible to still save even more than the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
Only buy extra coverages you need - There are many extra add-on coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
Drive a fast car and pay more - The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The best insurance prices are generally reserved for low performance passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Since the Audi A8 is a luxury sedan, insurance will be more compared to average rates in Indianapolis.
Save annual miles and save money - Driving a lot of miles annually the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. Make sure your declarations sheet properly reflects the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your A8 may be costing you higher rates.
Audi A8 insurance loss data - Companies analyze the history of losses to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that tend to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for coverage.
The data below shows the insurance loss data for Audi A8 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Audi A8 Models
|Specific Audi Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A8 4dr 4WD||289||108||261|
|Audi A8L 4dr 4WD||300||88||279||62|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi A8 in Indianapolis, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to be legal. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Audi, most banks will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Audi at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Audi A8 but also your financial assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Audi gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Indianapolis is overpaying over $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Frequent quotes can save
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions, high prices or even unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new car insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We covered a lot of tips how to save on Audi A8 insurance in Indianapolis. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Indianapolis auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Cheaper car insurance in Indianapolis can be sourced on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not provide rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agents.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Gary, Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)