Do you want to save money by finding the cheapest Cadillac SRX insurance in Indianapolis? Did a good deal turn out to be an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? It's a common feeling and there are many people just like you.
Regrettably, almost 70% of insureds in Indiana have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. The average driver in the United States could save as much as 46.5% each year, but they assume it's a waste of time to save money by comparing rate quotes. Multiple car insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to get the lowest cost out there.
The best way to get policy rate comparisons for Cadillac SRX insurance in Indianapolis utilizes the fact car insurance companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is provide details including coverage limits, if it has an anti-theft system, your education level, and your general credit rating. Those rating factors is automatically sent to insurance companies and you should receive rate quotes immediately.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Cadillac SRX now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies provide free quotes in Indiana. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SRX Luxury 2WD||$220||$492||$380||$22||$114||$1,228||$102|
|SRX Luxury AWD||$118||$266||$270||$16||$80||$750||$63|
|SRX Performance 2WD||$144||$322||$318||$18||$94||$896||$75|
|SRX Performance AWD||$188||$384||$380||$22||$114||$1,088||$91|
|SRX Premium 2WD||$172||$340||$270||$16||$80||$878||$73|
|SRX Premium AWD||$252||$400||$368||$22||$110||$1,152||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can influence coverage prices considerably.
Car insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders increase Cadillac SRX insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can raise or lower Cadillac SRX insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Car insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Indianapolis, paying for car insurance is mandatory in Indiana but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cadillac SRX has a loan, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Cadillac for a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Cadillac SRX but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
The Cadillac SRX Insurance Price Equation
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in big savings.
- Liability preserves assets - The liability section of your policy will afford coverage when you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Coverage lapses lead to higher prices - Driving your car without having proper coverage is a big no-no and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- More stress means more cost - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations such as real estate brokers, business owners and emergency personnel tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from intense work-related stress and long work days. Other professions such as scientists, students and retirees get better rates.
- Annual mileage and car insurance prices - The higher the mileage driven in a year the higher your rate. A lot of companies calculate rates based on their usage. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your car insurance policy correctly shows annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your SRX is just wasting money.
- Cadillac SRX insurance loss probability - Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that statistically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for coverage. The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Cadillac SRX vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Cadillac SRX Models
Specific Cadillac Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac SRX 4dr 2WD 103 101 84 80 82 91 Cadillac SRX 4dr 4WD 109 106 103 78 75 83
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable Indianapolis car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you might find some hidden discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but a few need to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Resident Student - Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Indianapolis and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking part in a safe driver class can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, that's just not realistic.
To locate providers that offer multiple discounts in Indiana, click here.
How much auto insurance do I need?
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. You are unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my Cadillac SRX covered for smoke damage?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Don't I need to get advice from an insurance agency?
A small number of people still like to sit down with an agent. Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheaper rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Indianapolis auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Indianapolis should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agent help file claims?
- What companies can they write with?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Indianapolis for you
If you want a reputable agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agents in Indianapolis are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the difference between them since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
These type of agents can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Indianapolis who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so they can write business with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part. When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are Indianapolis independent agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Burns Insurance Agency - Commercial, Personal and Transportation Insurance Specialists
1433 N Meridian St - Indianapolis, IN 46202 - (317) 377-1100 - View Map
Upon getting good answers to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Car insurance savings summarized
When searching for the cheapest Cadillac SRX rate quotes, it's not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't have enough coverage. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Lower-priced Cadillac SRX insurance in Indianapolis can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood Indianapolis agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. A few companies may not have online price quotes and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims and delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies is easier than you think.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much is Indiana Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Elkhart, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)