How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for cheaper auto insurance rates in Evansville, IN? Evansville drivers have options when trying to find the best price on Chevy Equinox insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the absolute fastest way to compare rates for your Chevy and get the lowest price from both online companies and Evansville agents.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that nearly 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,400, Evansville drivers can save $697 each year by just shopping around, but they won't spend time to compare other rate quotes.
It's smart to do price comparisons at least once a year because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best deal on Chevy Equinox insurance in Evansville a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're about to learn the only way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to shop for the lowest rates without having to cut coverage. These techniques will instruct you on how to effectively get price quotes and how you can save the most money. Shoppers only need an understanding of the proper way to compare rates from many different companies.
Low-cost companies for Chevy Equinox insurance in Indiana
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Evansville, IN. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equinox LS 2WD||$186||$358||$318||$18||$94||$974||$81|
|Equinox LT 2WD||$128||$260||$364||$22||$110||$884||$74|
|Equinox LS AWD||$236||$502||$340||$20||$102||$1,200||$100|
|Equinox LT AWD||$170||$334||$364||$22||$110||$1,000||$83|
|Equinox LTZ 2WD||$264||$504||$286||$16||$86||$1,156||$96|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$220||$428||$380||$22||$114||$1,164||$97|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$268||$592||$340||$20||$102||$1,322||$110|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease premiums significantly.
Annual premiums comparing men and women in Evansville
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Chevrolet Equinox auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
You may qualify for discounts for Chevy Equinox insurance in Evansville
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might find some hidden discounts that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Accident Waiver - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and GEICO will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Paperless Signup - A handful of larger companies will give a small break shop Evansville auto insurance over the internet.
- Distant Student - Kids who live away from home at college and won't have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver's education course if it's offered in school.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
To choose companies who offer free Chevy Equinox insurance quotes in Evansville, click here to view.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
What if I want to buy from local Evansville insurance agencies?
A small number of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is you can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing a provider is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How many years have they been established?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Evansville for you
When searching for a reliable agent, it's helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agencies are considered either independent or exclusive. Both can do a good job, but it's a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents have only one company to place business with such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company's products which can be an advantage. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are Evansville exclusive insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Steve Hahn - State Farm Insurance Agent
201 E Diamond Ave - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 422-8122 - View Map
- Progressive Insurance
5600 E Virginia St - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 962-5801 - View Map
- Shelter Insurance - Dora Feagley
5401 Vogel Rd #610 - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 422-4696 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are independent agencies in Evansville willing to provide price quotes.
- ET Shield Insurance Agency
4405 Theater Dr - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 469-9907 - View Map
- Schultheis Insurance
32 N Weinbach Ave - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 479-8651 - View Map
- Torian, Hofmann, Dillow and Flittner
3000 E Division St - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 424-5503 - View Map
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to find lower-cost Chevy Equinox insurance in Evansville. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chevrolet Equinox insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Hammond, IN? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Car Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Gary, Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Muncie, IN? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)