How long has it been since you sat down and looked for the cheapest car insurance rates in Indianapolis, IN? Indianapolis drivers have a choice when trying to find the best price on Chevy Traverse insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to compare prices or use the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance and you need to know the proper way to quote coverages for your Chevy and find the lowest price from both online companies and Indianapolis agents.
You should take the time to compare premium rates every six months because prices change regularly. If you had the best price on Chevy Traverse insurance in Indianapolis two years ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the fastest and easiest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Earn discounts on Indianapolis insurance
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there's a good chance there are discounts that many people don't even know exist. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver's education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow data collection to scrutinize vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive's Snapshot may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Accident Waiver - This one isn't a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don't have any claims prior to the accident.
- Multi-car Discount - Having more than one vehicle on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Good Student - Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Indianapolis car insurance quote.
We need to note that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
To view insurance companies with the best discounts in Indiana, click here.
First Step: Get free Chevy Traverse insurance quotes
The majority of larger companies provide price estimates direct online. The process doesn't take much effort as all you need to do is type in your coverage information as detailed in the form. After you submit the form their rating system makes automated requests for information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it's very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find a lower rate.
To find out if lower rates are available, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you will receive a rate comparison based on similar coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Traverse LS 2WD||$138||$206||$230||$14||$68||$656||$55|
|Traverse LS AWD||$272||$370||$322||$20||$96||$1,080||$90|
|Traverse LT 2WD||$188||$250||$224||$14||$68||$744||$62|
|Traverse LT AWD||$264||$428||$244||$14||$72||$1,022||$85|
|Traverse LTZ 2WD||$154||$244||$224||$14||$68||$704||$59|
|Traverse LTZ AWD||$272||$436||$238||$14||$72||$1,032||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise coverage rates substantially.
Reckless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents increase Chevrolet Traverse yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The data is based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Smart Consumers Know How to Get Auto Insurance for Less
Many things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. When buying auto insurance it's important to understand the different types of things that help determine your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
- Improve your credit rating and save - A driver's credit history factor in determining premium rates. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit is low, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Traverse by repairing your credit.
- Maintain auto insurance coverage - Not maintaining insurance is against the law and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Drive less and get lower premiums - The more miles you rack up on your Chevy each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Autos that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. It's always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Traverse can result in significantly higher rates.
- Better prices with anti-theft devices - Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all help prevent auto theft.
- Claims statistics for a Chevy Traverse - Car insurance companies use past insurance losses when setting premium prices. Vehicles that are shown to have higher loss trends will cost more for coverage.
The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Traverse vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehiclescombined as an average is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or statistically larger losses.
Chevrolet Traverse Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 2WD 75 101 72 93 90 90 Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 4WD 72 91 82 78 76 78
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When it comes to choosing a policy, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Certain consumers just want to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information is sent to agents in your area that can give you free Indianapolis car insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- How many years have they been established?
Why you need car insurance
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance is required by state law in Indiana and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Traverse, almost every bank will require that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so you should quote rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
Cheaper Chevy Traverse insurance in Indianapolis is available from both online companies in addition to many Indianapolis insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies don't offer rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers work with independent agents.
We just covered a lot of tips how to lower your Chevy Traverse insurance rates in Indianapolis. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Indianapolis car insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with the least-expected company.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal and being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
More tips and info about car insurance is available in these articles:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in New Albany, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)