How many times have you told yourself it's time to shop around for lower-priced Ford Fiesta insurance in Indianapolis? Scraping up a payment for pricey Ford Fiesta insurance in Indianapolis can empty your bank account and put the squeeze on your family's finances. Doing a price comparison can lower your rates and help to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most insurance buyers in Indiana have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Many consumers in the U.S. can save $850 each year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it's a waste of time to compare rates online.
Companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive continually hit you with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the propaganda and take the time to shop coverage around.
It's a good habit to price shop coverage on a regular basis because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Ford Fiesta insurance in Indianapolis six months ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you're about to learn one of the easiest ways to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using the techniques presented in this article. Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Indianapolis is not rocket science. Although Indiana vehicle owners need to have an understanding of the way insurance companies price online insurance because rates are impacted by many factors.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurers do not list every discount very clearly, so the below list has some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Student in College - Children who are attending college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds that choose to allow their company to study when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Club Memberships - Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on your next car insurance statement.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you're over the age of 55, you may qualify for better car insurance rates.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will forgive one accident without raising rates if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Low annual miles can earn cheaper rates.
- Full Payment Discount - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. But any discount will help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Travelers discounts include home ownership, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, payment discounts, and good student.
- 21st Century may include discounts for teen driver, theft prevention, 55 and older, automatic seat belts, and driver training.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, multiple autos, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- GEICO offers discounts for federal employee, driver training, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, good student, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including teen safety rewards, safe driver, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, multi-car, and drive less.
- AAA offers premium reductions for education and occupation, good student, good driver, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
It's a good idea to ask every company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Indianapolis. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Indianapolis, click here.
When price shopping your coverage, quoting more will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so you should also compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Indiana. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower Insurance Rates with These Tips
Many different elements are used when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but some are less apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- More performance means more cost - The make and model of the car or truck you need insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums will normally be found when insuring low performance passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Because the Ford Fiesta is considered a passenger car, rates will be similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Indianapolis.
- Avoid tickets and save - Having a clean driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Having a single moving violation may cause rates to rise substantially. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
- Little extras can really add up - There are a lot of additional extra coverages that may not really be needed on your Fiesta policy. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you've never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
- Higher coverage deductibles cost less - The deductibles you choose are how much the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Coverage for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are rearending another vehicle, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Ford Fiesta claim probability - Insurance companies factor in historical loss data to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more to insure. The table below outlines the collected loss data for Ford Fiesta vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Ford Fiesta Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fiesta 96 91 73 115 123 113
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Can't I compare prices from local Indianapolis insurance agents?
Some consumers would rather have an agent's advice and that is just fine! A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Indianapolis.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You'll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
The difference between Indianapolis car insurance agents
When looking for a local Indianapolis insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Indianapolis agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
These type of agents do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to find a new agent. When comparing rates, you definitely need to contact multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are Indianapolis independent agents that may be able to give cheap rate quotes.
Affordable Insurance Agency
10 S Mickley Ave - Indianapolis, IN 46241 - (317) 484-9195 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are Indianapolis exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
Frances Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
5707 N Michigan Rd - Indianapolis, IN 46228 - (317) 257-3504 - View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Indianapolis?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Ford for a lot more money and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Ford Fiesta. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Ford Fiesta insurance in Indianapolis. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Ford Fiesta insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Low-cost Ford Fiesta insurance in Indianapolis is possible from both online companies and with local Indianapolis insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who don't offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Kia Forte in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Company Car in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Richmond, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)