Finding low-cost insurance for your Honda Pilot in Indiana can normally be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips to find lower rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare car insurance rates and we'll show you the quickest way to compare rates for a Honda and find the lowest price.
Affordable car insurance in Fort Wayne, IN
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Indiana. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$172||$278||$340||$20||$102||$912||$76|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$220||$298||$380||$22||$114||$1,034||$86|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$152||$188||$280||$16||$84||$720||$60|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$244||$366||$280||$16||$84||$990||$83|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$222||$336||$290||$18||$86||$952||$79|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$236||$414||$364||$22||$110||$1,146||$96|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$210||$362||$264||$16||$80||$932||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in your specific Fort Wayne location which can modify premium rates greatly.
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can increase or decrease Honda Pilot insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can drive up Honda Pilot premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The data is based on a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance rates and discounts
Some providers don't always publicize the complete list of policy discounts very well, so we break down both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- 55 and Retired - Mature drivers can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% off your total Pilot insurance premium.
- E-sign Discounts - A handful of companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver's education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Drive Less and Save - Fewer annual miles on your Honda may enable drivers to earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Memberships - Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Accident Waiver - This isn't a discount exactly, but some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you haven't had any claims for a specific time period.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
If you would like to view insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Fort Wayne, click here to view.
Insurance agents can help
Many people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is especially important in Fort Wayne.
By using this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to your email. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Types of car insurance agents in Fort Wayne
When searching for a good Fort Wayne insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Fort Wayne agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can sell insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you need to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with smaller regional carriers which may have better rates.
The following is a small list of independent agents in Fort Wayne who may provide comparison quotes.
- Mathews Insurance Agency, Inc.
807 Lincoln Hwy W - New Haven, IN 46774 - (260) 749-9696 - View Map
- Hoch Insurance Inc
209 E Washington Center Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 471-7555 - View Map
- Masters Insurance Fort Wayne Indiana
4324 Flagstaff Cove - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 702-0945 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Fort Wayne who can help you get comparison quotes.
- John Hayes - State Farm Insurance Agent
6407 Stellhorn Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 486-4711 - View Map
- Larry Ice II - State Farm Insurance Agent
6221 Maplecrest Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46835 - (260) 484-8572 - View Map
- Valentine White-Xayarath - State Farm Insurance Agent
5533 S Anthony Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46806 - (260) 447-1074 - View Map
Selecting an insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- What companies can they write with?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Pilot caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It's also possible to raise the deductible on your Pilot to save money on collision insurance.
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 25/50/10 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims like medical services, court costs, bail bonds and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Indiana requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but it's recommended drivers buy higher limits.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle's damage.
Due to the fact that many Indiana drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Indiana limits are 25/50/10), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like hospital visits, nursing services and ambulance fees. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a bird, theft, a broken windshield, hitting a deer and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Cheaper insurance is out there
We covered a lot of ways to get a better price on Honda Pilot insurance in Fort Wayne. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Fort Wayne car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
When shopping online for insurance, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped collision coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation or high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Fishers, IN? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Anderson, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in South Bend, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)