Searching for low-cost insurance for a Kia Sorento in Indiana can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to save time.
There are both good and bad ways to buy car insurance so we're going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Kia and obtain the lowest possible price either online or from Evansville insurance agents.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes every six months because car insurance prices change regularly. Just because you had the best quotes on Kia Sorento insurance in Evansville six months ago a different company probably has better rates today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Sorento insurance on the web, but we're going to give you some good information on how to buy car insurance cheaper in Evansville.
Getting a cheaper price on Kia Sorento insurance can be relatively painless. You just need to spend a little time to compare rate quotes to find out which insurance company has low cost Evansville auto insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Evansville, IN. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Protect more than your vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Kia, most banks will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Kia but also your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Indiana is overpaying more than $825 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Kia Sorento insurance in Evansville
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might find some hidden discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If you're not getting every credit possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Membership in Organizations - Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on auto insurance.
- Smart Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- No Claims - Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Evansville auto insurance quote when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Pay Early and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Safety Course Discount - Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- New Vehicle Savings - Putting auto insurance coverage on a new Sorento can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Military Rewards - Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Travelers has savings for new car, IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, driver training, payment discounts, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau discounts include driver training, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, good student, youthful driver, and 55 and retired.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for teen driver discount, new graduate, exclusive group savings, good student, preferred payment discount, and newly retired.
- American Family may offer discounts for TimeAway discount, accident-free, good student, good driver, and air bags.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and online signing.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in your area. If you would like to view auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Evansville, follow this link.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
Some people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is especially important in Evansville.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Evansville who will give you quotes to get your business. There is no reason to search for an agent because prices are sent to you instantly. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you want to buy insurance from a local Evansville insurance agency, it's important to understand the different types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agents in Evansville may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can write insurance policies, but it's important to point out the subtle differences since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything.
When comparing rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through companies you've never heard of that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Evansville that can give you free price quotes.
- Dean Webster Insurance Agency
1136 Washington Square - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 491-0995 - View Map
- Kleinschmidt Insurance
3812 N First Ave - Evansville, IN 47710 - (812) 479-9028 - View Map
- Archer Insurance
2603 N First Ave - Evansville, IN 47710 - (812) 464-3633 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide one company's prices such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand rather than having low rates.
Listed below are Evansville exclusive agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Sam Tanoos
5334 Vogel Rd - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 479-1034 - View Map
- Manuel Ramirez - State Farm Insurance Agent
4709 Theater Dr - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 477-8882 - View Map
- Mary Rokicki - State Farm Insurance Agent
3335 N Green River Rd - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 473-2863 - View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
If you feel you receive good responses for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy. Just understand that you can cancel a policy whenever you want so don't feel you're contractually obligated to your new company indefinitely.
Car insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of insurance helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) - Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses such as funeral costs, chiropractic care and doctor visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage - This coverage covers damage to your Sorento caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a mailbox and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Sorento to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability auto insurance - This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other's property or people by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/10 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims like pain and suffering, medical services, repair costs for stationary objects and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it's cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Indiana requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
Comprehensive insurance - Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like theft, hitting a bird, hitting a deer and rock chips in glass. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) - Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/10), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Cheaper auto insurance is out there
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, high prices, denial of a claim or not issuing a premium refund. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider can be pretty painless.
Lower-priced Kia Sorento insurance in Evansville is definitely available online and from local agencies, so you need to shop Evansville auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not have online quoting and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
As you quote Evansville auto insurance, it's a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Jeffersonville, IN? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Bloomington, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)