Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy overpriced Kia Sorento insurance in Indianapolis? Trust us, you're not alone.
Unfortunately, 70% of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Many consumers in Indianapolis could save an average of 55% each year by just shopping around, but they assume it's a waste of time to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
Many insurers vie to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies and uncover the absolute lowest rate on Kia Sorento insurance in Indianapolis.
Best companies for Kia Sorento insurance
The following companies provide quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Indianapolis
Lots of things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although others are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
Liability protection is critical - Liability coverage kicks in when you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
Increase physical damage deductibles and save - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, fire damage, and damage from wind. The higher the amount you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Premiums for males may be higher - Over time, data shows females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Male teenagers have the highest risk to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
Rates are impacted by vehicle performance - The performance of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest rates will normally be found when insuring the lowest performance passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Since the Kia Sorento is considered a crossover, rates will be slightly more than the average rate where you live in Indianapolis.
Rates increase with driving citations - How you drive has a huge affect on how much you pay. Only having one chargable violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have severe violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to file a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Claims statistics for a Kia Sorento - Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when they file their rates in each state. Models that have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher premium rate.
The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Kia Sorento vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Kia Sorento Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD||80||86||82||110||111||94|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD||85||87||101||97||98||85|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Take advantage of these discounts on Kia Sorento insurance in Indianapolis
Some insurers don't always publicize every discount they offer very well, so we researched a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car instead of a used Sorento may earn a small discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Options like air bags may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a home in Indianapolis can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Telematics Data Discounts - People who choose to allow data collection to track their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as State Farm's In-Drive could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver's education as it can save substantially.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you may receive reduced rates.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works. But all discounts will help lower your policy premiums.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and good student.
- AAA has savings for good student, pay-in-full, multi-policy, education and occupation, and AAA membership discount.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for electronic funds transfer, teen driver, youthful driver, homeowner, mature driver, alternative fuel, and pay in full.
- GEICO may offer discounts for air bags, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, good student, seat belt use, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, homeowner, Pac-12 alumni, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, homeowner, safe driver, multi-car, bundle discounts, and drive less.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Indianapolis. If you would like to view insurance companies with significant discounts in Indianapolis, click here.
Car insurance agents near you
Many people still like to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper rates but also keep your business local. Supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Indianapolis.
Upon completion of this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Indianapolis who will give you bids to get your business. There is no need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You'll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
Below are independent insurance agents in Indianapolis that may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are trained well on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are Indianapolis exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
Choosing an insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. A good agent in Indianapolis will have answers to these questions.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
When to get professional advice
When it comes to adequate coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Compare car insurance rates regularly to save
As you prepare to switch companies, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Budget-conscious Kia Sorento insurance is possible from both online companies and with local Indianapolis insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who don't offer rates over the internet and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)