Are you sick and tired of sacrificing to make your auto insurance payment? You are in the same boat as the majority of other drivers in Indiana.
A recent study showed that a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. The average driver in Indiana can cut their rates by roughly 55% a year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they replace their high priced policy. Having so many online and local companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to pick a lower cost insurance company.
Most larger insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow consumers to get prices on the web. Getting Volkswagen Tiguan insurance prices online is quite simple as you simply enter the coverages you want into the quote form. After the form is submitted, the quote system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote based on these factors. The ability to get online quotes for Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Evansville makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to get many rate quotes if you want to get a better rate.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with the coverage information identical to your current policy. This ensures you're receiving rate quotes for the exact same coverage.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Indiana. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$136||$244||$224||$14||$68||$686||$57|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$122||$212||$246||$14||$74||$668||$56|
|Tiguan SE 4Motion AWD||$222||$396||$246||$14||$74||$952||$79|
|Tiguan SEL 4Motion AWD||$154||$288||$224||$14||$68||$748||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase rates noticeably.
Drive safe and save
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can affect Volkswagen Tiguan yearly insurance costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Volkswagen Tiguan premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The diagram below shows the difference between Volkswagen Tiguan insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule of when to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Volkswagen Tiguan replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $200 a year to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you haven't paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Save money with these five discounts on Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Evansville
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might already qualify for some discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few need to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your next car insurance statement.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a new Tiguan can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Claim Free - Good drivers with no accidents get the best car insurance rates as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
It's important to note that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, good student, air bags, daytime running lights, and anti-theft.
- USAA has savings for multi-vehicle, good student, defensive driver, new vehicle, loyalty savings, military installation, and family discount.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, and continuous coverage.
- American Family discounts include defensive driver, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, early bird, bundled insurance, accident-free, and air bags.
- Esurance offers discounts including claim free, safety device, good student, Switch & Save, and online quote.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for mature driver, alternative fuel, multi-car, switch companies, good student, distant student, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, good student, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and good driver.
Before buying, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Evansville. To see a list of car insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Evansville, follow this link.
Insurance agents can help
A small number of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that provide free Evansville auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How often do they review coverages?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Evansville?
- Will one accident increase rates?
Exclusive and independent Evansville auto insurance agents
If you want to buy car insurance from an insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know how they are different because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually well trained on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Evansville that can give you rate quotes.
Randy Robertson - State Farm Insurance Agent
1520 Bellemeade Ave - Evansville, IN 47714 - (812) 479-1881 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you need to check rates from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Evansville who can help you get rate quotes.
Auto insurance in Indiana serves several purposes
Despite the potentially high cost of Volkswagen Tiguan insurance, auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Volkswagen, almost every bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Evansville overpays as much as $700 annually so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Educate yourself about car insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Collision - Collision insurance covers damage to your Tiguan from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like rolling your car, driving through your garage door and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your Tiguan to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like surgery, EMT expenses, chiropractic care and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability insurance - This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/10 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like court costs, pain and suffering and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Indiana state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should consider buying higher limits.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage - This coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Volkswagen Tiguan.
Since many Indiana drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10 in Indiana), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive auto coverage - Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like vandalism, fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from flooding. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
How much can you save?
Cost effective Volkswagen Tiguan insurance is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Evansville, so you need to quote Evansville auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies don't offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
You just read a lot of tips how to get a better price on Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Evansville. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Volkswagen Tiguan rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Columbus, IN? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Gary, Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Greenwood, Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in New Albany, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)