Locating the cheapest insurance for a Lincoln Navigator in Indiana can normally be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance so you're going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Lincoln and obtain the best price possible.
It's a good habit to compare rates before your policy renews because car insurance rates change regularly. Just because you had the best premium rates on Lincoln Navigator insurance in Evansville at your last renewal a different company probably has better prices today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you're about to learn how to use online quotes to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Evansville is actually quite simple. If you have a current insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, use these tips to shop for the lowest rates without sacrificing coverage. Shoppers just need to learn the tricks to compare price quotes online.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Indiana. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Navigator L 2WD||$288||$580||$318||$18||$94||$1,298||$108|
|Navigator L 4WD||$324||$580||$286||$16||$86||$1,292||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase rates noticeably.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper car insurance rates
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and accidents influence Lincoln Navigator insurance prices for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cheaper Lincoln Navigator insurance in Evansville
Some providers don't list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to you. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Safety Course Discount - Successfully completing a class that teaches driver safety techniques may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Distant College Student Discount - Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Evansville and won't have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers over the age of 55 can get lower premium rates.
- Buy New and Save - Putting coverage on a new Navigator can save up to 30% since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- No Accidents - Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Evansville car insurance quote as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear before the accident.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates it's possible to get free car insurance, you aren't that lucky.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for location of vehicle, multi-car, type of vehicle, annual mileage, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for mature driver, homeowner, switch companies, multi-car, and distant student.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for renewal discount, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, driver training, 55 and retired, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, good driver, defensive driving training, good student, and student away at school.
- Allstate offers discounts for EZ pay plan discount, teenSMART discount, good payer, 55 and retired, anti-theft, early signing, and safe driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, seat belt use, daytime running lights, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, and anti-lock brakes.
If you need affordable Lincoln Navigator insurance quotes, ask all the companies how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Evansville. To find insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Indiana, click here to view.
Why you need insurance for your Lincoln vehicle
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Lincoln in Evansville, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lincoln Navigator has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will require you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Lincoln at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Navigator are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $820 a year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to save money.
How to know if you need help
When quoting and choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. You are unique so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Do I need an agent?
Some people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Most agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to companies in Evansville who will give you quotes for your business. There is no need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
After getting acceptable answers to any questions you may have and an affordable coverage quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an provider that can be trusted to adequately provide car insurance. Just keep in mind it's your coverage and you can cancel your policy for any reason so don't assume you're contractually obligated to a specific agent with no way out.