Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for low-cost Nissan Versa insurance in Evansville? Having to pay for expensive auto insurance in Evansville can drain your accounts and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparing cost estimates can help to make ends meet.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that almost 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Evansville insurance shoppers could save approximately $700 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't know how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy. Due to the increasing number of companies and agents to choose from, it can be hard to pick the most cost effective auto insurance company.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance rates for Nissan Versa insurance in Evansville takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies allow for online access to compare rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give them some information like whether or not you need a SR-22, how much school you completed, if you lease or own, and how much you drive. The rating information is then submitted to multiple companies and they respond with quotes almost instantly.
To get price quotes for your Nissan Versa now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies offer free quotes in Evansville, IN. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Versa 1.6 SEDAN||$172||$406||$364||$22||$110||$1,074||$90|
|Versa 1.8 S Hatchback||$106||$250||$290||$18||$86||$750||$63|
|Versa 1.8 S SEDAN||$146||$358||$264||$16||$80||$864||$72|
|Versa 1.8 SL Hatchback||$202||$400||$368||$22||$110||$1,102||$92|
|Versa 1.8 SL SEDAN||$148||$384||$380||$22||$114||$1,048||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease rates substantially.
Impact of careless driving on car insurance rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and accidents raise Nissan Versa annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Insuring your Nissan Versa just makes sense
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in Evansville, paying for insurance is required in Indiana but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Nissan Versa, most lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Nissan at an extremely high rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Nissan Versa but also your financial assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $820 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Check for these rate reducing discounts
Car insurance companies don't always publicize the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below details some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few companies offer discounts for switching companies prior to your current Versa insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Club Memberships - Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Evansville is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Evansville auto insurance quote.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Nissan Versa insurance.
- Early Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Multiple Cars - Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, multiple policy, multiple autos, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, defensive driving, and good student.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, good student, emergency military deployment, military active duty, and membership and employees.
- AAA may include discounts for good driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and multi-car.
- 21st Century discounts include homeowners, defensive driver, student driver, teen driver, automatic seat belts, theft prevention, and good student.
- The Hartford has savings for driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, good student, and defensive driver.
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in Evansville. To see auto insurance companies with discount rates in Indiana, click this link.
Buying from insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is still important in Evansville.
After completing this quick form, your information is immediately sent to agents in your area that provide free Evansville auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Evansville for you
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that you can select. Agencies in Evansville are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can insure your vehicles, but it's worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not employed by one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
The following are independent agents in Evansville that can possibly get you price quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents can only place business with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive a lot of sales training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Evansville that are able to give comparison quotes.
Finding a good auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. Any good agent in Evansville should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Evansville?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing a policy, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured's situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Persistence pays off
A few companies don't offer online rate quotes and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents. Budget-friendly insurance in Evansville is definitely available on the web and from local agencies, so compare prices from both to have the best selection.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, high prices, poor customer service and even policy non-renewal. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
We covered a lot of ways to lower your Nissan Versa insurance car insurance rates in Evansville. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies.
Much more information about insurance in Indiana is available on the following sites:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)