Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance in Evansville can stress out your bank account and require stricter spending habits.
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of auto insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Indiana being $1,390, drivers could pocket about 55% a year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Because you have many options for buying cheap insurance for a Volkswagen CC in Evansville, it is very difficult to find a lower cost company.
You should take the time to do rate comparisons on a regular basis since rates change frequently. Even if you think you had the best premium rates on Volkswagen CC insurance in Evansville last year a different company probably has better prices today. There are lots of tips to save on CC insurance online, but I'm going to show you some of the best techniques to buy auto insurance cheaper in Evansville.
Affordable companies for Volkswagen CC insurance in Indiana
The car insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CC Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$192||$392||$364||$22||$110||$1,080||$90|
|CC Luxury 4-Dr Coupe||$146||$306||$364||$22||$110||$948||$79|
|CC VR6 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$190||$392||$294||$18||$88||$982||$82|
|CC VR6 Motion 4-Dr Coupe||$246||$492||$380||$22||$114||$1,254||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in Evansville location which can impact rates significantly.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The example below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen CC insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no set rule that is best for determining when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Volkswagen CC settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $400 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Impact of careless driving on car insurance rates
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can increase Volkswagen CC yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Car insurance premiums based on gender
The example below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen CC car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Get lower-cost rates on Volkswagen CC insurance in Evansville with these six discounts
Companies don't necessarily list all discounts very well, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you. If you don't get every credit you deserve, you're paying more than you need to.
- Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Save over 55 - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get reduced rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Data Collection Discounts - Drivers that enable companies to spy on vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Progressive's Snapshot could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Good Grades Discount - This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- ABS Brakes - Cars with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
The best insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, driver's education, student away at school, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including newly retired, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, newly married, and new vehicle discount.
- American Family includes discounts for air bags, bundled insurance, accident-free, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, homeowner, good student, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include alternative fuel, multi-car, homeowner, business and professional, mature driver, good student, and electronic funds transfer.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for good student, teen driver, student away at school, paid in full, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has savings for safe driver, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, and multi-car.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered everywhere. To find insurance companies who offer discounts in Evansville, click here.
Local Evansville insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that provide free Evansville auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Evansville?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Evansville?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
When searching for a local Evansville insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Evansville are either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Evansville willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to find a new agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Evansville who can help you get price quotes.
If you get answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, you've probably found an insurance agent that is professional and can service your policy.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your CC from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible on your CC to bring the cost down.
This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/10 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability can pay for claims such as loss of income, repair bills for other people's vehicles, attorney fees and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Indiana requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but it's recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills such as dental work, ambulance fees and EMT expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and also any damage incurred to your Volkswagen CC.
Since many Indiana drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/10), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as hail damage, damage from flooding, falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane and vandalism. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
More effort can pay off
You just learned a lot of information how to reduce Volkswagen CC insurance auto insurance rates online in Evansville. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Volkswagen CC rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. They may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Some insurance providers may not provide price quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Lower-priced Volkswagen CC insurance in Evansville can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional car insurance information can be read at the links below
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Kia Forte in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Jeffersonville, IN? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Evansville, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)