Are you sick of overpaying and want more competitive Volkswagen Passat insurance in Evansville? Do you get exhausted from not being able to scrape enough together to insure your Volkswagen every month? You have the same problem as many other drivers in Indiana.
Amazingly, a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in Indiana being $1,389, drivers could save up to 55% every year just by comparing rates, but they just don't want to compare rate quotes online. Online insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the geckos and flying pigs and do the work needed to find the best deal.
You need to shop coverage around periodically since prices change frequently. Even if you got the lowest price on Volkswagen Passat insurance in Evansville a couple years back a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you're about to find out the easiest way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you are already insured or want to find a cheaper company, use these money-saving tips to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Buying the cheapest insurance in Evansville is not that difficult. Smart buyers just have to know the most time-saving way to compare prices instantly.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Volkswagen Passat insurance in Evansville
Companies that sell car insurance don't list all their discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to you. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Good Driver Discount - Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Early Switch Discount - Select larger companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current Passat insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low mileage vehicles can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for reduced rates.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Federal Employees - Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driving Course - Passing a defensive driver course may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way. Any amount of discount will definitely lower your premiums.
Insurance companies that possibly offer most of these discounts include:
If you want low cost Evansville car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not be offered in Evansville.
Finding Volkswagen Passat insurance in Evansville, IN
All the larger insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get pricing on the web. Comparing Volkswagen Passat insurance rates online doesn't take a lot of time as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire on the page. When the form is submitted, their system sends out for your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote determined by many factors. Getting online quotes for Volkswagen Passat insurance in Evansville makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the most affordable insurance rates.
To save time and find out how much you're overpaying now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended that you enter the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. This way, you will receive rate quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Evansville, IN. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Passat Komfort Station Wagon||$272||$514||$238||$14||$72||$1,110||$93|
|Passat Komfort 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$422||$318||$18||$94||$1,062||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can influence coverage prices noticeably.
How high should deductibles be?
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Volkswagen Passat insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can increase Volkswagen Passat yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Volkswagen Passat full coverage rates compared to liability only
The illustration below shows the difference between Volkswagen Passat auto insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. Data assumes no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no written rule of when to eliminate full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Volkswagen Passat book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 annually to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Car insurance can get complicated
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your car insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Does my Volkswagen Passat qualify for pleasure use?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
If you can't answer these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Buying car insurance from Evansville insurance agents
A lot of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Evansville who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to your email. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an company shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Where are claims handled?
- How long has their agency been in business in Evansville?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
If you're trying to find a good Evansville insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they function. Agencies in Evansville can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can write policy coverage, but it's good to learn the difference between them since it can affect the selection process.
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are Evansville exclusive agents that are able to give price quotes.
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to do anything.
If you need lower rates, you should always get quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Evansville that can give you comparison quotes.
Once you have received good responses to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly service your car insurance policy. But keep in mind you can cancel your policy at any time so don't feel you're contractually obligated to a specific agent indefinitely.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Cheaper auto insurance in Evansville can be sourced on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide rate quotes online and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Volkswagen Passat insurance in Evansville. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don't be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional information is located below:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Malibu? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Bad Credit in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for College Graduates in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)