Are you doing reasearch to find low-cost insurance rates in Fishers, IN? Do you think you bought overpriced insurance? Believe me, many Fishers consumers feel financially strained by their insurance policy.
Unthinkable but true, 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Indiana drivers could pocket 55% a year, but they don't want to spend time to shop their coverage around. Popular companies such as GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm all claim big savings, bombarding you with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the promise of big savings and find the best price available.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Fishers can really be easy if you know what you're doing. Drivers just need to use the tricks to shop for car insurance using one simple form.
Companies offer many discounts on auto insurance
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- College Student - College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Fishers and won't have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Fishers Homeowners Discount - Owning a home in Fishers can help you save on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage can earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Employee of Federal Government - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- Smart Student Discounts - Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Multi-line Discount - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better prices if you take out life insurance from them.
Don't be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think it's possible to get free car insurance, you're out of luck.
To see a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in Indiana, click here.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$796||$398||$66|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$1,054||$527||$88|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SE||$698||$349||$58|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$1,036||$518||$86|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$644||$322||$54|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$728||$364||$61|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,256||$628||$105|
|GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$748||$374||$62|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$652||$326||$54|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$702||$351||$59|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$952||$476||$79|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,060||$530||$88|
|Kia Optima SX||$762||$381||$64|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$922||$461||$77|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,026||$513||$86|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$818||$409||$68|
|Toyota Tacoma 2WD||$722||$361||$60|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$764||$382||$64|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in your specific Fishers location which can raise or lower rates noticeably.
How high should deductibles be?
A question often asked by Fishers drivers is which deductible level should you buy. The comparisons below may help to illustrate the premium difference when you choose different comp and collision deductibles. The first set of rates uses a $100 deductible for physical damage and the second price grid uses a $1,000 deductible.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$436||$280||$16||$84||$1,083||$90|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$514||$280||$16||$84||$1,161||$97|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$514||$280||$16||$84||$1,191||$99|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$272||$514||$318||$18||$94||$1,241||$103|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$514||$280||$16||$84||$1,191||$99|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$272||$592||$318||$18||$94||$1,319||$110|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$134||$230||$280||$16||$84||$744||$62|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$134||$270||$280||$16||$84||$784||$65|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$270||$280||$16||$84||$802||$67|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$152||$270||$318||$18||$94||$852||$71|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$152||$270||$280||$16||$84||$802||$67|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$152||$312||$318||$18||$94||$894||$75|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in Fishers location which can affect coverage rates greatly.
Based on this data, we can arrive at the conclusion that using a $100 deductible will cost in the ballpark of $32 more each month or $384 for a full year than quoting the higher $1,000 deductible. Because you would be required to pay $900 more out of your own pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you go more than 28 months between claims, you would save money if you elect the higher deductible.
Should you raise deductibles?
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can impact Ford Fusion insurance rates for each age group. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Why your rate might be higher
Many factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but others are less apparent like where you live and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get cheaper rates.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
Cheaper to insure gals? - Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn't necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Women and men get in auto accidents in similar numbers, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
Vocation and insurance prices - Careers such as military personnel, social workers and stock brokers have the highest average rates because of intense work requirements and lengthy work days. On the other hand, careers such as actors, athletes and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Pay less with a high safety rating - Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
Do you have enough liability insurance? - The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When buying a policy, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation could use an agent's help.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Why you need car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance is mandatory in Indiana but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $850 per year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Be persistent to save money
As you prepare to switch companies, it's a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
We've covered a lot of information how to lower your auto insurance car insurance rates in Fishers. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Fishers auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with an unexpected company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Fishers, IN? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)