I doubt anyone anticipates paying for car insurance, especially when the cost is too high.
Statistics show that almost 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and just under half have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Fort Wayne drivers could save up to $700 every year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Consumers have many insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it's nice to have a selection, it makes it harder to find the lowest cost provider for Ford Focus insurance in Fort Wayne.
Affordable Ford insurance prices in Fort Wayne
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Fort Wayne, IN. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$240||$436||$368||$22||$110||$1,176||$98|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$362||$264||$16||$80||$884||$74|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$530||$380||$22||$114||$1,256||$105|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$146||$358||$264||$16||$80||$864||$72|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$234||$504||$324||$20||$96||$1,178||$98|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$242||$514||$318||$18||$94||$1,186||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can lower or raise auto insurance rates significantly.
Rate comparison of men versus women in Fort Wayne
The illustration below compares Ford Focus premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance rates and discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise all possible discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized as well as the least known insurance savings.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Ford Focus insurance in Fort Wayne.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Fort Wayne auto insurance with some insurance companies.
- E-sign - Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive get Fort Wayne auto insurance online.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven't had any claims prior to the accident.
- Distant Student - Older children who live away from home to go to college and don't have a car may be able to be covered for less.
It's important to note that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it's just not the way it works.
Car insurance companies that may include some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
Check with every insurance company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in every state.
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and your auto insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions can help discover whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
When should I contact a local insurance agent?
Some consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important particularly in Fort Wayne.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is submitted to agents in your area that provide free Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact an agency because prices are sent immediately to you. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider should depend on more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
If you feel you receive answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, it's possible that you found an insurer that meets the requirements to adequately provide insurance.
Buyer beware of insurance advertising tricks
Consumers can't get away from ads for insurance savings by State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to make the point that you can save if you switch to their company.
It sounds good, but how can they all cost less than your current company?
Most companies look for specific characteristics for the type of driver they prefer to insure. A good example of this type of driver could be over the age of 35, is a homeowner, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. A driver who matches that profile will probably get cheap premium rates and as a result will probably save when switching.
Potential insureds who fall outside those criteria will probably be forced to pay higher premium rates with the end result being business going elsewhere. The ad wording is "drivers that switch" not "all people who quote" save that much when switching. That's why insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
This really drives home the point why drivers must compare rate quotes every year. Because you never know with any certainty which company will provide you with the cheapest Ford Focus insurance in Fort Wayne.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we covered many ways to save on Ford Focus insurance in Fort Wayne. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small local company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Low-cost Ford Focus insurance in Fort Wayne can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Fort Wayne agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don't offer internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell through local independent agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in these articles:
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Malibu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Evansville, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Company Car in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Bloomington, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Richmond, Indiana? (FAQ)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)