Trying to find cheaper insurance rates in Fort Wayne, IN? Fort Wayne drivers have many options when trying to find the best price on Ford Fusion insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to find insurance online and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages for your Ford and obtain the best price possible from Fort Wayne insurance agents and online providers.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company's rates on a regular basis since rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best rate on Ford Fusion insurance in Fort Wayne a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. You'll find a ton of advice on Fusion insurance online, but in this article, you're going to get some guaranteed methods to reduce your insurance bill.
The majority of larger companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get insurance quotes on their websites. Getting online rates for Ford Fusion insurance in Fort Wayne is fairly simple as you simply type in your coverage information as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, their rating system will obtain credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information.
Getting online price quotes for Ford Fusion insurance in Fort Wayne helps simplify price comparisons, and it's also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find a better rate.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you type in the coverage information identical to your current policy. This ensures you will have an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Indiana. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$104||$196||$270||$16||$80||$666||$56|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$366||$270||$16||$80||$922||$77|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$244||$496||$350||$20||$106||$1,216||$101|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$428||$380||$22||$114||$1,164||$97|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$444||$318||$18||$94||$1,084||$90|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$312||$280||$16||$84||$860||$72|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$504||$270||$16||$80||$1,106||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence auto insurance rates substantially.
Car insurance premiums based on gender
The information below illustrates the comparison of Ford Fusion insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Don't overlook these Ford Fusion insurance discounts
Some insurers do not list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Multi-car Discount - Insuring primary and secondary vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- New Car Discount - Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Distant Student - Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Fort Wayne and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Paperless Signup - Certain larger companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on their website.
- Professional Organizations - Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Responsible Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, anti-theft, student away at school, defensive driving training, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO includes discounts for membership and employees, multi-policy, driver training, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, good student, and military active duty.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including automatic seat belts, good student, driver training, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, early bird, air bags, good driver, accident-free, good student, and Steer into Savings.
- The Hartford has savings for anti-theft, defensive driver, air bag, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and bundle.
- AAA offers discounts for good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-car, anti-theft, good student, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
Before buying, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with the best Ford Fusion insurance discounts in Fort Wayne, follow this link.
Seven Tips to Get Lower-cost Fort Wayne Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are considered when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
- Do you have enough liability protection? - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? - Owning a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Stress out and pay more - Occupations such as fire fighters, airline pilots, and stock brokers tend to have the highest average rates due to high stress and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations like farmers, historians and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Car plus home equals more savings - Most larger insurers provide lower prices to insureds who carry more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. If you currently are using one company, it's always a smart idea to shop around to ensure the best deal.There is a chance you can find a better deal even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Extra coverages that aren't used - Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that can add up if you don't pay attention. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem good initially, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
- Influences performance influences premiums - The type of vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Since the Ford Fusion falls in the passenger car class, insurance will be similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Fort Wayne. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises auto insurance rates - Going without insurance is a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in fines and jail time.
- Insurance loss data for a Ford Fusion - Car insurance companies use historical loss data when they calculate premium costs for each model. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher premium rate.
The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Ford Fusion vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Ford Fusion Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fusion 2WD 110 95 108 116 111 105 Ford Fusion 4WD 115 85 120 88 77 71 Ford Fusion Hybrid 125 97 98 92 93 95 Ford Fusion Plug-in Hybrid 128 87 91 88 91 107
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Fort Wayne car insurance agents and insurance
A lot of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Professional agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Fort Wayne.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to companies in Fort Wayne that can give you free Fort Wayne car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent directly to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
When looking for a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Fort Wayne can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can write policy coverage, but it's a good idea to understand how they are different since it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in Fort Wayne that can give you comparison quotes.
- InsureOne Insurance Agency
3213 E State Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46805 - (260) 216-0024 - View Map
- PMG Agency
3711 Rupp Dr #103 - Fort Wayne, IN 46835 - (260) 436-9669 - View Map
- Stoller-Dunham Insurance Agency
6058 E State Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 749-4970 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company's prices and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are trained well on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below are Fort Wayne exclusive agents that are able to give price quotes.
- John Hayes - State Farm Insurance Agent
6407 Stellhorn Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 486-4711 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kevin Gwozdz
5721 Covington Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 436-2866 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jay Raj
702 W Coliseum Blvd d - Fort Wayne, IN 46808 - (260) 484-5577 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Fort Wayne?
- What happens if I owe more than my Ford Fusion is worth?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Buyer beware of car insurance advertising tricks
Consumers can't get away from all the ads that claim the lowest prices from companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to make the promise of big savings if you switch your policy.
How does each company make the same claim? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Different companies have underwriting criteria for the type of driver that will generate a profit. An example of a preferred risk might have to be between the ages of 30 and 50, carries full coverage, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Anyone that meets those criteria gets the lowest prices and is almost guaranteed to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who don't meet these stringent criteria will be quoted higher premiums and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state "customers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save money. That is how companies can truthfully state the savings.
This illustrates why you absolutely need to do a rate comparison at every renewal. It's impossible to know the company that will have the lowest premium rates for your situation.
Quote. Compare. Save.
Cheaper Ford Fusion insurance in Fort Wayne is attainable on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not have rate quotes online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More information can be read at the links below
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Merrillville, IN? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Elkhart, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)