How many times have you told yourself to find the cheapest auto insurance rates in Fort Wayne, IN? Fort Wayne drivers have a choice when trying to find low-cost Ford F-150 insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to compare prices or use the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages on a Ford and find the cheapest rates either online or from Fort Wayne insurance agents.
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you can use these techniques to save money and still have adequate protection. These techniques will tell you the best ways to compare prices and how you can save the most money. Drivers just need to use the best way to buy car insurance on the web.
Don't neglect these money saving discounts
Insurance is expensive, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but some must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Military Discounts - Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Have your child enroll and complete driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Putting insurance coverage on a new F-150 is cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Pay Early and Save - By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Anti-theft System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Good Grades Discount - Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will lower the amount you pay for coverage.
Popular insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, defensive driving training, driver's education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for homeowner, electronic funds transfer, mature driver, distant student, and switch companies.
- GEICO has discounts for seat belt use, good student, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, good driver, and early bird.
- Nationwide offers discounts for good student, easy pay, family plan, multi-policy, accident-free, and business or organization.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, good student, and online quote discount.
Double check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in your state. To find insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Indiana, click here.
Finding a lower price on Ford F-150 insurance is surprisingly easy. Drivers just need to invest a little time comparing free Fort Wayne car insurance quotes to see which company has cheaper Fort Wayne car insurance quotes.
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in Indiana. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$90||$122||$264||$16||$80||$572||$48|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$162||$310||$318||$18||$94||$902||$75|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$240||$358||$368||$22||$110||$1,098||$92|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$216||$300||$368||$22||$110||$1,016||$85|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$182||$352||$294||$18||$88||$934||$78|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$186||$294||$294||$18||$88||$880||$73|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$216||$300||$280||$16||$84||$896||$75|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$234||$352||$286||$16||$86||$974||$81|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$116||$194||$318||$18||$94||$740||$62|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$152||$238||$294||$18||$88||$790||$66|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$216||$300||$280||$16||$84||$896||$75|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$170||$256||$270||$16||$80||$792||$66|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$216||$300||$280||$16||$84||$896||$75|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$146||$214||$364||$22||$110||$856||$71|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$172||$238||$294||$18||$88||$810||$68|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$190||$256||$270||$16||$80||$812||$68|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$220||$362||$380||$22||$114||$1,098||$92|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$200||$294||$280||$16||$84||$874||$73|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$200||$294||$280||$16||$84||$874||$73|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$190||$310||$270||$16||$80||$866||$72|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$280||$366||$368||$22||$110||$1,146||$96|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$272||$436||$280||$16||$84||$1,088||$91|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$172||$288||$318||$18||$94||$890||$74|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$196||$340||$340||$20||$102||$998||$83|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$154||$244||$264||$16||$80||$758||$63|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$268||$592||$340||$20||$102||$1,322||$110|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$118||$230||$270||$16||$80||$714||$60|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$172||$358||$318||$18||$94||$960||$80|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$190||$358||$318||$18||$94||$978||$82|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$268||$496||$340||$20||$102||$1,226||$102|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$190||$340||$294||$18||$88||$930||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in Fort Wayne location which can alter premiums noticeably.
Ford F-150 insurance rates by gender
The example below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Analysis of deductible levels
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can affect Ford F-150 annual premium costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
What Determines Ford F-150 Insurance Rates?
Many different elements are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more obscure like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Costs impacted by your city - Having an address in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Residents of big cities regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
- Remove unneeded extra policy coverages - Policies have extra add-on coverages that you can buy on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you don't need them consider taking them off your policy.
- Save miles driven and save money - The higher the miles on your Ford every year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It's a good idea to make sure your policy is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your F-150 may be wasting your money.
- Save by staying claim free - Car insurance companies in Indiana award lower rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for more catestrophic claims.
- Insurance loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles - Insurers use claims history to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that historically have increased losses will cost more for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or a tendancy for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford F-150 Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to buying coverage, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you and your insurance should be unique as well. These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Fort Wayne auto insurance agent
Some consumers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent immediately to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How long has their agency been in business in Fort Wayne?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
The different types of car insurance agents
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can write car insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning how they are different because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are Fort Wayne exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Kent Paul - State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 W Dupont Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 478-2222 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Janie Laboube Agency Inc.
2810 Beaver Ave - Fort Wayne, IN 46807 - (260) 744-9798 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Tara Witham
4011 W Jefferson Blvd #175 - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 434-4440 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get rate quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Fort Wayne who can help you get comparison quotes.
- PMG Agency
3711 Rupp Dr #103 - Fort Wayne, IN 46835 - (260) 436-9669 - View Map
- Wise Insurance Agency
7410 Bluffton Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46809 - (260) 747-5373 - View Map
- Luttman Insurance
707 Airport North Office Park - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 482-6700 - View Map
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Fort Wayne, paying for car insurance is required by state law in Indiana and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also cover medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Fort Wayne is overpaying more than $825 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper insurance rates are possible
We just covered many ways to reduce Ford F-150 insurance prices online in Fort Wayne. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company. Smaller companies often have lower rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Cheaper Ford F-150 insurance in Fort Wayne can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)