Do you want an efficient way to compare cheaper Honda CR-Z insurance in Fort Wayne? Finding cheaper Honda CR-Z insurance in Fort Wayne is nearly impossible for people who are beginners to online price comparisons. There are so many agents and companies to choose from that it can easily become a chore to find better prices on Honda CR-Z insurance.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most drivers in Indiana have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted insurance rates at all. U.S. drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't know the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons every six months because prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the lowest price on Honda CR-Z insurance in Fort Wayne six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you're about to learn how to use the internet to lower your annual insurance bill.
Cheap Honda insurance rates in Fort Wayne
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Indiana. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Companies offer many discounts on Honda CR-Z insurance in Fort Wayne
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied at quote time, but some discounts are required to be asked for in order for you to get them. If you don't get every credit you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- No Claims - Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Fort Wayne auto insurance quote in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Early Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Defensive Driver - Taking part in a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- New Car Discount - Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Please keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren't that lucky.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, daytime running lights, seat belt use, driver training, federal employee, defensive driver, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for good student, annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, multi-car, location of vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, teen driver, business and professional, early shopping, distant student, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for safe driver, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, good student, teen driver, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include multi-policy, safety features, new graduate, exclusive group savings, newly married, and hybrid vehicle.
- SAFECO has savings for drive less, homeowner, anti-theft, teen safe driver, and accident prevention training.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, good student, annual mileage, multi-vehicle, and military installation.
When getting free Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates in Fort Wayne, follow this link.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing a policy, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- What is glass protection for?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Honda CR-Z?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Car insurance agents can help
Some people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Fort Wayne who want to provide quotes to get your business. You won't need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. It's the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurer should depend on more than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Fort Wayne, get answers to these questions.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
When narrowing the list to find a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Fort Wayne agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents of this type write business for a single company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company's products which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Fort Wayne that are able to give rate quotes.
- Melissa Satterthwaite - State Farm Insurance Agent
7757 Coldwater Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 489-5503 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Darren Vogt
5830 E State Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 493-3507 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Janie Laboube Agency Inc.
2810 Beaver Ave - Fort Wayne, IN 46807 - (260) 744-9798 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to check rates from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Fort Wayne that can give you price quotes.
- Luttman Insurance
707 Airport North Office Park - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 482-6700 - View Map
- Hupe Insurance Services
7011 Stellhorn Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (800) 701-5909 - View Map
- Traxler Insurance Agency
10729 Coldwater Rd #100 - Fort Wayne, IN 46845 - (260) 494-9035 - View Map
Do drivers who switch really save $423 a year?
Big name companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive seem to constantly run ads on TV and radio. They all say the same thing that you'll save big if you change your policy. How does each company give you a lower rate on Honda CR-Z insurance in Fort Wayne? You have to listen carefully.
Insurance companies provide the lowest rates for the type of insured that makes them money. For instance, a profitable risk profile should be married and over the age of 30, has a clear driving record, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Anyone that meets those criteria is entitled to the best price and will most likely save a lot of money.
People who don't qualify for the "perfect" profile will see higher premium rates which translates to the customer not purchasing. Company advertisements say "drivers who switch" not "everybody who quotes" will save that much if they switch. That's the way insurance companies can make those claims. Because each company has a different risk profile, it's extremely important to do a rate comparison at every renewal. It's impossible to know the company that will have the best rates at this point in time.
Insurance coverage basics
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/10 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things like funeral expenses, legal defense fees, court costs and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Indiana requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and fire damage. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Honda CR-Z.
Due to the fact that many Indiana drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Indiana limits are 25/50/10), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your CR-Z resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your CR-Z to bring the cost down.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses such as dental work, rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs, pain medications and nursing services. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
A few companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers sell through local independent agents. Budget-conscious Honda CR-Z insurance is available both online and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection.
We covered many ways to get a better price on Honda CR-Z insurance in Fort Wayne. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest rates are with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Indiana? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)