If you're shopping for lower-cost insurance on the web, are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of insurance choices in Fort Wayne? There are such a vast assortment of choices available that it can turn into hard work to find a cheaper company. Fort Wayne is a good city to live in, but high insurance prices can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to keep a tight budget.
A recent survey discovered that nearly 70% of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in Fort Wayne could save an average of as much as $700 each year just by shopping around, but they think it's difficult to shop their coverage around.
It's a good idea to do price comparisons on a regular basis because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Porsche 911 insurance in Fort Wayne last year other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we're going to demonstrate the fastest and easiest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Porsche 911 insurance in Fort Wayne.
If you already have coverage, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper insurance using the ideas covered in this article. The purpose of this post is to familiarize you with the best way to buy inexpensive insurance. Although Indiana vehicle owners need to have an understanding of the methods companies use to charge you for coverage and apply this information to your search.
Lower Your Fort Wayne Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are some of the items insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Gender and insurance prices - The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, don't assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but the males have costlier accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Policy add-ons add up - Policies have additional coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea at first, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine - Getting just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Age of drivers - Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.Teen drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts - Many insurance companies give lower prices for people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Consumers may save even more than the discount by splitting coverages up.
- Porsche 911 insurance claim data - Insurers use past insurance losses as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the data shows to have increased losses will have a higher cost to insure. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Porsche 911 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Porsche 911 Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr 191 47 173 24 Porsche 911 Carrera Convertible 197 51 224 36 Porsche 911 Turbo 2dr 4WD 349 367
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The quickest method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Porsche 911 insurance in Fort Wayne takes advantage of the fact most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide details including if your license is active, your occupation, your general credit rating, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. That rating data gets transmitted to many different companies and you will receive price estimates almost instantly.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Fort Wayne.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Indiana. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$286||$702||$270||$16||$80||$1,354||$113|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$244||$534||$380||$22||$114||$1,294||$108|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$250||$546||$250||$14||$76||$1,136||$95|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$342||$850||$318||$18||$94||$1,622||$135|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$390||$948||$288||$18||$86||$1,730||$144|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$274||$628||$264||$16||$80||$1,262||$105|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$322||$750||$380||$22||$114||$1,588||$132|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$330||$610||$312||$18||$94||$1,364||$114|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$270||$434||$312||$18||$94||$1,128||$94|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$330||$742||$318||$18||$94||$1,502||$125|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$268||$650||$294||$18||$88||$1,318||$110|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$326||$658||$290||$18||$86||$1,378||$115|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$428||$870||$286||$16||$86||$1,686||$141|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$408||$768||$312||$18||$94||$1,600||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific location which can raise or lower premiums significantly.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Porsche 911 insurance prices for different age categories. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Even though Fort Wayne 911 insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Porsche for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Indiana is overpaying more than $820 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Affordable Porsche 911 insurance in Fort Wayne
Some providers do not list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as the least known insurance savings.
- Claim-Free Discount - Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Fort Wayne car insurance quote as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Teen drivers should enroll in driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- College Student - College-age children who are attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Older drivers could receive a slight reduction on a Fort Wayne car insurance quote.
- Early Signing - Some companies reward drivers for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current 911 insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Smart Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking a safe driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
A few companies that may have most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
When getting free Fort Wayne car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every insurance company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your state. To find insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Indiana, click here.
Independent and exclusive insurance agents
Many people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you may find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Fort Wayne who will give you bids for your coverage. You won't even need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you need to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best provider shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
If you need to find local Fort Wayne agents, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures from which to choose. Auto insurance agents in Fort Wayne can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company's rates so always compare other rates. They are well trained on their company's products which can be an advantage. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Fort Wayne who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Justin Harkelroad
8812 Coldwater Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 489-0156 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jay Raj
702 W Coliseum Blvd d - Fort Wayne, IN 46808 - (260) 484-5577 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Paul Michaylo
2416 Getz Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 459-1700 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Fort Wayne that are able to give price quotes.
- Mathews Insurance Agency, Inc.
807 Lincoln Hwy W - New Haven, IN 46774 - (260) 749-9696 - View Map
- Hupe Insurance Services
7011 Stellhorn Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (800) 701-5909 - View Map
- GMI Insurance
6110 Bluffton Rd #110 - Fort Wayne, IN 46809 - (260) 478-9405 - View Map
The lowest rates come from being thorough
Discount Porsche 911 insurance in Fort Wayne can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not provide price quotes online and these regional carriers work with local independent agents.
While you're price shopping online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare Porsche 911 insurance rates in Fort Wayne. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Fort Wayne car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best rates are with a small mutual company.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Malibu? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Fishers, IN? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Carmel, Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)