How many years has it been since you compared the cheapest insurance rates in Indianapolis, IN? Indianapolis consumers have a choice when looking for low-cost Honda CR-Z insurance. They can either spend hours driving around getting price quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a Honda and find the lowest price.
Amazingly, the vast majority of Indiana insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared rates from other companies. The average driver in the United States can save as much as $859 each year just by shopping around, but they don't believe the big savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Finding affordable coverage in Indianapolis can be much easier if you know how to start. If you are insured now, you will be able to find the best rates using this strategy. Comparison shoppers only have to learn the fastest way to compare company rates on the web.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Indiana. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Indiana
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance is required by state law in Indiana and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda for a lot more money and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects your Honda CR-Z and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Big names are not always cheapest
Indiana consumers can't ignore all the ads for the lowest price car insurance from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to advertise claims that drivers will save a bundle just by moving to them.
Is it even possible that every company can have lower policy pricing? Here is the trick they use.
Insurance companies look for specific characteristics for the driver that earns them the most money. An example of a driver they prefer might be married and over the age of 30, has never had a policy lapse, and has great credit. A propective insured that hits that "sweet spot" will get the preferred prices in Indianapolis and have a good chance to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who cannot meet the ideal profile must pay higher prices with the end result being business going elsewhere. The trick companies use is to say "drivers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much. This is how insurance companies can make those statements. This really drives home the point why you absolutely need to compare price quotes frequently. Because you never know which company will have the best prices at this point in time.
Cheaper rates with these discounts on Honda CR-Z insurance in Indianapolis
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there's a good chance there are discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with substantially lower prices.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and insure them with the same company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Membership in Organizations - Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Payment Method - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Multiple Cars - Drivers who insure multiple cars with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Government Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- The Hartford offers discounts for defensive driver, good student, driver training, air bag, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
- American Family offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, accident-free, Steer into Savings, good student, early bird, and mySafetyValet.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including continuous insurance, new car, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, and home ownership.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including teen driver, bundle discounts, youthful driver, homeowner, and pay in full.
- USAA may offer discounts for annual mileage, new vehicle, safe driver, loyalty savings, defensive driver, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for hybrid vehicle, new graduate, multi-policy, teen driver discount, new move discount, safety features, and multi-car.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in Indianapolis. To see a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Indianapolis, click here to view.
Comparing prices from local Indianapolis auto insurance agents
Some people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Indianapolis who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Indianapolis, get answers to these questions.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Indiana?
Listed below are agents in Indianapolis that can give you price quote information for Honda CR-Z insurance in Indianapolis.
- Walker and Associates Insurance
360 Gradle Dr - Carmel, IN 46032 - (317) 848-4400 - View Map
- Dalessandro Agency Inc
4240 N Franklin Rd #109 - Lawrence, IN 46226 - (317) 898-1866 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Donald Oldham
303 N Alabama St #360 - Indianapolis, IN 46204 - (317) 687-0777 - View Map
- Adam Krockenberger - State Farm Insurance Agent
5685 Lafayette Rd #700 - Indianapolis, IN 46254 - (317) 387-9182 - View Map
Upon getting positive responses to all your questions as well as cheaper CR-Z insurance quotes, you may have just found an insurer that is reputable and can properly service your auto insurance policy.
Be persistent and save
As you prepare to switch companies, it's very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price.
Budget-conscious Honda CR-Z insurance can be sourced from both online companies and with local Indianapolis insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don't offer price quotes online and these regional carriers only sell through local independent agencies.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent or being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Indiana Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Lafayette, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)