Would you like to stop overpaying and find low-cost Hyundai Sonata insurance in Indianapolis? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for your Hyundai Sonata in Indiana could be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage on a Hyundai and find the best price possible from both online companies and Indianapolis agents.
Unimaginable but true, the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in Indiana can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they just don't understand how easy it is to save money by comparing rate quotes.
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$220||$402||$326||$20||$98||$1,066||$89|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$172||$288||$324||$20||$96||$900||$75|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$116||$226||$334||$20||$100||$796||$66|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$592||$384||$22||$114||$1,348||$112|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$320||$326||$20||$98||$924||$77|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$340||$324||$20||$96||$974||$81|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$504||$324||$20||$96||$1,208||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can modify prices considerably.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The chart below shows the difference between Hyundai Sonata yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Policy deductible comparison
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Hyundai Sonata premium costs for different age categories. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The illustration below shows the comparison of Hyundai Sonata insurance costs with and without full coverage. The premiums assume no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no definitive guideline for dropping physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Hyundai Sonata replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Hyundai in Indianapolis, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Sonata, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Hyundai for a lot more money and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance protects your Hyundai Sonata and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your Hyundai gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Indianapolis is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to save money.
Indianapolis insurance discounts for a Hyundai Sonata
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few need to be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive better auto insurance rates.
- Life Insurance - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower rate if you buy life insurance.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Paper-free Discount - Certain larger companies will give a small break for signing up on your computer.
- Good Driver Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- MetLife discounts include good student, defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for location of vehicle, type of vehicle, accident-free, annual mileage, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include good student, defensive driving, accident-free, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, defensive driver, membership and employees, military active duty, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-car, good driver, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Indianapolis. If you would like to view companies who offer online Hyundai Sonata insurance quotes in Indiana, click here to view.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a "best" method to buy coverage. Every insured's situation is different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- What happens if I owe more than my Hyundai Sonata is worth?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What is the minimum liability in Indiana?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Can't I get rate quotes from local Indianapolis car insurance agents?
Some consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Where are claims handled?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are they full-time agents?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a good Indianapolis insurance agent, it's important to understand the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can write policy coverage, but we need to point out how they are different because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Indianapolis that are able to give price quotes.
- Elizabeth Marshall - State Farm Insurance Agent
6124 N College Ave - Indianapolis, IN 46220 - (317) 255-2700 - View Map
- Keith Eberg - State Farm Insurance Agent
7550 S Meridian St d - Indianapolis, IN 46217 - (317) 887-1400 - View Map
- Leland Brown Sr. - State Farm Insurance Agent
5936 N Keystone Ave #201 - Indianapolis, IN 46220 - (317) 251-1400 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparison shopping, it's recommended you get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Indianapolis that can give you price quotes.
- McGowan Insurance Group, Inc.
355 Indiana Ave - Indianapolis, IN 46204 - (317) 464-5000 - View Map
- Dalessandro Agency Inc - Titan Insurance
4918 S Emerson Ave - Indianapolis, IN 46203 - (317) 780-2500 - View Map
- Summit Insurance Agency Inc
9302 N Meridian St #297 - Indianapolis, IN 46260 - (317) 844-4701 - View Map
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle's occupants when the "other guys" are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Hyundai Sonata.
Since many Indiana drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/10), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical services, bail bonds, funeral expenses and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Indiana state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but it's recommended drivers buy more coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills for pain medications, hospital visits, ambulance fees, prosthetic devices and funeral costs. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hail damage, hitting a bird, theft and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Sonata resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car, crashing into a ditch and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your Sonata in order to get cheaper collision rates.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
Cheaper auto insurance in Indianapolis can be purchased both online and also from your neighborhood Indianapolis agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent agents.
As you quote Indianapolis auto insurance, it's very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
You just learned a lot of tips how to get a better price on Hyundai Sonata insurance in Indianapolis. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Indianapolis auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting low cost Indianapolis auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)