When searching for lower-priced insurance, are you confused by the crazy number of car insurance choices available to you? You have so many choices that it can turn into a chore to find better premium rates for Chevy Cruze insurance in Indianapolis. Indianapolis is a great city to live in, but expensive car insurance premiums makes it very hard to make ends meet.
It's amazing but most Indiana car insurance customers have bought car insurance from the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted car insurance rates at all. The average driver in America could cut their rates by $860 a year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
The quickest method to compare rate quotes for Chevy Cruze insurance in Indianapolis is to understand auto insurance companies will pay a fee to quote your coverage. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide information like driver details, level of coverage desired, your job, and your education level. Your insurance information is instantly provided to multiple companies and they return cost estimate quickly.
To check rates for your Chevy Cruze now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Cruze in Indianapolis, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Chevy Cruze with a loan, almost all lenders will require that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher price.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $830 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Tricks in car insurance advertising
Car insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive endlessly run television and radio advertisements. All the companies try to convey promises that drivers will save a bundle just by switching to them. How do they all make the same claim? It's all in how they say it.
Car insurance companies offer their best rates for the type of driver that will generate a profit. For example, a desirable insured may be married and over the age of 30, is a homeowner, and drives newer vehicles. A propective insured who fits those characteristics will qualify for the lowest auto insurance rates in Indianapolis and will cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who do not fit these criteria may be forced to pay higher premiums and this can result in business not being written. If you listen closely, the ads state "customers that switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. This is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. Because of this risk profiling, it's extremely important to compare price quotes frequently. You cannot predict which company will have the best rates for your profile.
Get cheaper Chevy Cruze insurance rates in Indianapolis
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there could be significant discounts that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but some need to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Club Memberships - Belonging to certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Discount for Good Grades - A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Indianapolis car insurance quote. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Participating in a class that teaches safe driver techniques can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- New Vehicle Savings - Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Telematics Devices - Indianapolis drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to study vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn't work that way. But all discounts should definitely cut the premium cost.
Large car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, good student, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, online signing, good student, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good student, defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-vehicle, renewal discount, 55 and retired, driver training, good student, and youthful driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for five-year accident-free, military active duty, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, federal employee, membership and employees, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for safe driver, anti-theft, drive less, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, homeowner, and teen safety rewards.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be available in your area. To see car insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Indianapolis, click here.
Can't I compare rates from local Indianapolis insurance agencies?
A small number of people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local.
After completing this simple form, your information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to your email. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting a provider requires more thought than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Indianapolis?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the quote a firm price?
When finding a reputable agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. These agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes use the same agent primarily because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Indianapolis who may provide you with price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jorge Herrera
2346 S Lynhurst Dr Ste 304 - Indianapolis, IN 46241 - (317) 246-7203 - View Map
- Leland Brown Sr. - State Farm Insurance Agent
5936 N Keystone Ave #201 - Indianapolis, IN 46220 - (317) 251-1400 - View Map
- Haleh Krauter - State Farm Insurance Agent
11204 Fall Creek Rd - Indianapolis, IN 46256 - (317) 849-9996 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to contact several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with smaller companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Indianapolis who can help you get price quotes.
- Gregory and Appel Insurance
1402 N Capitol Ave #400 - Indianapolis, IN 46202 - (317) 634-7491 - View Map
- Dalessandro Agency Inc
4240 N Franklin Rd #109 - Lawrence, IN 46226 - (317) 898-1866 - View Map
- Indiana State Agency
2425 N Meridian St - Indianapolis, IN 46208 - (317) 923-7722 - View Map
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies sell through local independent agents. Lower-priced Chevy Cruze insurance in Indianapolis can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Indianapolis, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
People leave their current company for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, high prices, delays in paying claims and policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When searching for inexpensive Indianapolis car insurance quotes, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Malibu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Indiana? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)