Are you searching for cheaper Ford Explorer insurance in Fort Wayne? No car owner loves paying for auto insurance, especially when they know the prices are way too high.
Unthinkable but true, the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Consumers in the United States could save almost $850 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Due to the large number of insurance providers from which to choose, it is hard for the average consumer to find the most cost effective insurance company.
You need to compare rates yearly since prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the lowest rates on Ford Explorer insurance in Fort Wayne two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're about to find out the right way to find better coverage on Ford Explorer insurance in Fort Wayne at a better price.
This article's goal is to introduce you to how to effectively get price quotes and some money-saving tips. If you are insured now, you will be able to cut your premiums using the ideas covered in this article. Although Indiana consumers can benefit from knowing the way companies determine prices and use it to your advantage.
How to buy Ford Explorer insurance in Fort Wayne, IN
The are a couple different ways to compare quotes from many different Indiana insurance companies. The quickest method to lower the rate you pay for Ford Explorer insurance is to perform an online rate comparison.
It's so fast and easy to compare quotes online that it takes the place of having to spend your day driving to local Fort Wayne insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you require the professional guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. However, consumers can price shop your coverage online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
When quoting car insurance, remember that quoting more will enable you to find a lower rate.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Indiana. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer XLT 2WD||$240||$370||$380||$22||$114||$1,126||$94|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$186||$294||$294||$18||$88||$880||$73|
|Explorer XLT 4WD||$198||$276||$290||$18||$86||$868||$72|
|Explorer XLT AWD||$116||$194||$318||$18||$94||$740||$62|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$234||$450||$318||$18||$94||$1,114||$93|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$302||$536||$380||$22||$114||$1,354||$113|
|Explorer Limited 2WD||$192||$334||$364||$22||$110||$1,022||$85|
|Explorer Limited 4WD||$146||$260||$364||$22||$110||$902||$75|
|Explorer Limited AWD||$272||$436||$280||$16||$84||$1,088||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase premium rates significantly.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Ford Explorer insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Save a ton on Ford Explorer insurance in Fort Wayne with these auto insurance discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but a few need to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Cautious Drivers - Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Fort Wayne car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, seat belt use, air bags, defensive driver, good student, and emergency military deployment.
- MetLife has discounts for claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Travelers offers discounts including multi-car, IntelliDrive, new car, hybrid/electric vehicle, early quote, save driver, and driver training.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, safe driver, and homeowner.
- AAA may have discounts that include anti-theft, good student, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-car, multi-policy, and good driver.
If you are trying to find affordable Ford Explorer insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits might not apply in Fort Wayne. To see a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Indiana, click here to view.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Explorer in Fort Wayne, insuring your vehicle is required in Indiana but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford, almost all lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Ford but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates every year to save money.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Fort Wayne.
By using this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Fort Wayne who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to your email. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part. When shopping rates, you need to get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
Featured below are Fort Wayne independent agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to compare other company's rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are exclusive agencies in Fort Wayne that can give you price quotes.
Kent Paul - State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 W Dupont Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 478-2222 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- How long has their agency been open in Fort Wayne?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Upon receiving good answers to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.