Finding cheaper coverage rates on Kia Soul insurance in Indianapolis is slightly frustrating for drivers who are beginners to online price comparisons. Consumers have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can easily become a real difficult job to find the perfect company for you.
It's astonishing, but the vast majority of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Indiana drivers could save approximately 55% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to save money by comparing rate quotes.
It's important to compare rates on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the lowest rates on Kia Soul insurance in Indianapolis two years ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're about to find out the best way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you will surely be able to find the best rates using the tips covered below. The purpose of this post is to help educate you on the most effective ways to compare rates. But Indiana vehicle owners must learn the methods companies use to compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
The best way to compare car insurance company rates for Kia Soul insurance in Indianapolis is to know the trick most insurance companies participate in online systems to compare rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including how old drivers are, whether or not you need a SR-22, how you use your vehicles, and whether you are married. The rating information is then submitted to many highly-rated insurers and they respond with quotes within a short period of time.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Indianapolis.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Indiana. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Indianapolis garaging location which can lower or raise coverage rates considerably.
Comparison of car insurance rates by age and gender
The example below illustrates the difference between Kia Soul insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Soul in Indianapolis, insurance is mandatory in Indiana but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Kia with a loan, almost all lenders will require you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Kia for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Kia gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so we recommend shopping around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are considered when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although others are more obscure such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings.
- Driving citations increase rates - Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having a single moving violation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Attentive drivers get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking citations like DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Your job is a factor - Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupational choices like judges, airline pilots, and miners tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, careers like actors, engineers and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- Only buy what you need - Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages you can purchase if you don't pay attention. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
- Can a thief steal your car? - Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent vehicle theft.
- Lower rates for married couples - Having a wife or husband can get you a discount when shopping for car insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and it's statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- More traffic equals higher costs - Residing in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. People who live in big cities regularly have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Spending more time driving means more chance of being in an accident.
- Kia Soul claim statistics - Insurers use statistical claims data to help calculate premium prices. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have increased rates. The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Kia Soul vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Kia Soul Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Soul 89 98 84 138 138 118
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance quotes and discounts
Auto insurance companies don't always publicize all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits available to you. If you don't get every credit you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- 55 and Retired - If you're over the age of 55, you may qualify for a slight reduction on a Indianapolis auto insurance quote.
- Payment Method - If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Driver Education Discount - Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver's education class if offered at their school.
- Own a Home - Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Accident Waiver - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident without raising rates as long as you don't have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Renewal Discounts - A few larger companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to your current Soul insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
Large insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, accident-free, good student, anti-theft, and driver's education.
- GEICO may have discounts that include membership and employees, daytime running lights, federal employee, defensive driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- Allstate may offer discounts for new car, early signing, farm vehicle, premier plus, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and passive restraint.
- SAFECO has savings for homeowner, safe driver, drive less, multi-car, accident prevention training, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for good student, driver training, renewal discount, safe driver, multi-policy, and youthful driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- AAA offers premium reductions for education and occupation, multi-car, good student, good driver, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply in your state. If you would like to view providers who offer discounts in Indiana, click this link.
There's no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Does my Kia Soul qualify for pleasure use?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Indianapolis.
After completing this short form, the quote information gets sent to companies in Indianapolis that provide free Indianapolis auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Shown below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Indianapolis that are able to give price quotes for Kia Soul insurance in Indianapolis.
- Affordable Insurance Agency
10 S Mickley Ave - Indianapolis, IN 46241 - (317) 484-9195 - View Map
- Adam Krockenberger - State Farm Insurance Agent
5685 Lafayette Rd #700 - Indianapolis, IN 46254 - (317) 387-9182 - View Map
- Walker and Associates Insurance
360 Gradle Dr - Carmel, IN 46032 - (317) 848-4400 - View Map
- State Farm: Rahvy Murray
3955 Eagle Creek Pkwy E - Indianapolis, IN 46254 - (317) 297-3804 - View Map
Finding the right insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
Once you have received good responses to these questions as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found a company that will properly insure your vehicles.
A conclusion for your insurance search
We just presented a lot of information how to shop for Kia Soul insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost Indianapolis auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
When searching for the cheapest Kia Soul rate quotes, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions or even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching insurance companies can be easier than you think.
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Car Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Anderson, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)