If you've never shopped for Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes online, most likely you are overwhelmed by the crazy number of insurers competing for business in Fort Wayne.
Shocking but true, nearly 70% of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in Fort Wayne could save up to 55% a year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the benefits if they switch to a new company.
The purpose of this post is to help educate you on the best way to buy inexpensive insurance and some tips to save money. If you currently have insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using the concepts covered in this article. But Indiana vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how companies price insurance differently and take advantage of how the system works.
When shopping for affordable Mini Cooper insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from insurance companies in your area. One of the best ways to find the cheapest insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Keep in mind that having more price comparisons will increase your chances of finding more affordable insurance. Not every company provides online rate quotes, so it's important to also get prices from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get rates from several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cooper 2-Dr Hatchback||$176||$294||$238||$14||$72||$794||$66|
|Cooper 2-Dr Convertible||$148||$282||$250||$14||$74||$768||$64|
|Cooper S 2-Dr Hatchback||$134||$270||$238||$14||$72||$728||$61|
|Cooper S 2-Dr Convertible||$172||$340||$194||$12||$58||$776||$65|
|Cooper John Cooper Works 2-Dr Hatchback||$130||$266||$250||$14||$76||$736||$61|
|Cooper John Cooper Works 2-Dr Convertible||$234||$492||$174||$10||$52||$962||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise price quotes noticeably.
Should you raise deductibles?
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Mini Cooper premium costs for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance rates based on gender
The illustration below shows the difference between Mini Cooper insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Why you need insurance for your Mini vehicle
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Fort Wayne, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Mini Cooper, almost every bank will require that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Mini at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Mini gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $800 each year so compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance in the media
Respected companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm regularly use television, radio, and online ads. All the companies make an identical promise that you'll save big if you just switch your coverage. Is it even possible that every company can lower your premium rates? It's all in how they say it.
Auto insurance companies have a certain "appetite" for the type of driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a profitable risk profile might be over the age of 45, has few claims, and has great credit. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters will get a cheap rate quote in Fort Wayne and will save a lot of money.
Potential customers who don't qualify for these standards may receive higher rates which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. If you listen closely, the ads state "people who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much money. That's the way insurance companies can make the claims of big savings.
Different companies use different criteria so it is so important to get as many free Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes as possible. It is impossible to guess with any certainty which company will fit your personal profile best.
Fort Wayne insurance discounts
Companies don't necessarily list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Government Employees - Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your insurance provider.
- Telematics Data - Insureds that choose to allow companies to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate's Drivewise might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying a policy with all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- No Claims - Drivers who don't have accidents can save substantially as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Fort Wayne auto insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Waiver - Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- E-sign - Certain insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing on the web.
- Life Insurance - Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Theft Prevention System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates it's possible to get free car insurance, you aren't that lucky.
The best insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, multiple autos, multiple policy, and anti-theft.
- GEICO includes discounts for military active duty, anti-theft, federal employee, good student, multi-policy, and emergency military deployment.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, safety features, multi-car, and new vehicle discount.
- The Hartford offers discounts for bundle, driver training, good student, air bag, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, online quote discount, and homeowner.
When quoting, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with significant discounts in Indiana, click here to view.
Comparing rates from local Fort Wayne car insurance agents
Some people would prefer to have an agent's advice and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you may find cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Fort Wayne.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Fort Wayne who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to drive around because prices are sent to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they function. Agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents of this type are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a partial list of independent agents in Fort Wayne that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
- Masters Insurance Fort Wayne Indiana
4324 Flagstaff Cove - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 702-0945 - View Map
- G A MacDonald Associates
2200 Lake Ave #120 - Fort Wayne, IN 46805 - (260) 422-5377 - View Map
- Lupke Rice Insurance-Financial
127 W Berry St # 500 - Fort Wayne, IN 46802 - (260) 424-4150 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are trained well on what they offer which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Fort Wayne that are able to give price quotes.
- Kent Paul - State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 W Dupont Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 478-2222 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Darren Vogt
5830 E State Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 493-3507 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Susan L. Law
5308 St Joe Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46835 - (260) 492-6254 - View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Fort Wayne should have no problem answering these questions:
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How are claims handled?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What companies can they write with?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Upon getting good responses to all your questions as well as cheaper Cooper insurance quotes, you may have just found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide car insurance coverage.
We just presented many ways to lower your Mini Cooper insurance prices in Fort Wayne. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
The cheapest Mini Cooper insurance in Fort Wayne can be purchased on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Columbus, IN? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Richmond, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)