If online auto insurance comparisons are new to you, by this point your are probably bewildered thanks to the vast number of insurers offering coverage in Evansville.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Indiana drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to compare rate quotes online.
When shopping for Nissan Rogue insurance in Evansville there are multiple ways to obtain and compare prices from many different Indiana insurance companies. The best method to comparison shop consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that quoting more helps you find the best offered rates. Not every company allows you to get rate quotes online, so it's recommended that you also compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Rogue S 2WD||$168||$304||$298||$18||$90||$878||$73|
|Rogue S AWD||$116||$226||$358||$22||$108||$830||$69|
|Rogue SL 2WD||$152||$288||$358||$22||$108||$928||$77|
|Rogue SL AWD||$168||$358||$298||$18||$90||$932||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can affect price quotes significantly.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Nissan Rogue insurance costs for different insured age categories. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Three reasons to insure your Rogue
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan Rogue has a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $750 every year so shop around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Nissan Rogue insurance in Evansville
Car insurance is expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before you will receive the discount. If you're not getting every credit possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Senior Discount - Older drivers can get a slight reduction on a Evansville car insurance quote.
- Full Payment Discount - If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Driving Data Discount - Policyholders that allow their car insurance company to study driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Factory air bags may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, you're out of luck.
A few companies who may offer most of these discounts possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in every state.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! A good thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and also buy local. And supporting small agencies is still important in Evansville.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Evansville who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. You'll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When finding a local agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Evansville can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to compare prices from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are Evansville independent insurance agencies that can give you cheap rate quotes.
- Crosspointe Insurance Advisors
401 SE 6th St #106 - Evansville, IN 47708 - (888) 788-1565 - View Map
- Dilegge Michael D Insurance Agency
901 N Main St - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 424-4001 - View Map
- Paulson Insurance
1133 W Mill Rd #201b - Evansville, IN 47710 - (812) 205-2500 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide one company's prices like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to provide other company's prices so it's a take it or leave it situation. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Evansville that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Kelly Miller
5310 Pearl Dr b - Evansville, IN 47712 - (812) 423-5491 - View Map
- Kyle Rhone - State Farm Insurance Agent
421 N St Joseph Ave d - Evansville, IN 47712 - (812) 424-1708 - View Map
- Farm Bureau Insurance
5625 Pearl Dr C - Evansville, IN 47712 - (812) 421-8163 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
Do I just need basic coverages?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really isn't a "perfect" insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- What are the best liability limits?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
Shop around and save
We just covered many tips how you can lower your Nissan Rogue insurance prices in Evansville. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with a small local company.
Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. More affordable insurance in Evansville is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Evansville insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices, being labeled a high risk driver and policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
Additional insurance information is located below:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Gary, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Portage, Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in South Bend, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)