Locating low-cost insurance for a Toyota Camry in Indiana can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates. There are more efficient ways to buy auto insurance so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a Toyota and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and Indianapolis agents.
Best Toyota Camry insurance prices in Indiana
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence coverage rates considerably.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The example below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders can raise Toyota Camry car insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine auto insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower rates. Multiple criteria are used when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but others are not quite as obvious like where you live or your commute time.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
The type of vehicle you drive affects your rates - The performance level of the car you own makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The best insurance prices are usually for small economy passenger vehicles, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price. Because the Toyota Camry is classified as a sedan, rates will be about the same as compared to the average rate in Indianapolis.
Drive lots and pay more - The higher the mileage driven annually the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating is showing the right rating data. An improperly rated Camry can cost quite a bit.
Higher rates for specific vocations - Careers like fire fighters, architects and miners usually pay higher premium rates attributed to high stress levels and long work hours. On the other hand, careers like actors, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates.
Cheaper rates by bundling - The majority of insurers afford a discount to insureds that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten percent or more. Even if you're getting this discount consumers should still compare Toyota Camry rates in Indianapolis to verify if the discount is saving money.
Youthful drivers cost more - Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
Drivers with good credit save - Having a good credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Therefore, if your credit history is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Toyota Camry by improving your credit score. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit ratings.
Toyota Camry insurance claim data - Insurance companies study historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Toyota Camry vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendancy for losses to be larger than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Toyota Camry Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||124||100||110||118||127||96|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable rates on Toyota Camry insurance in Indianapolis with these auto insurance discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be significant discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Safe Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower premium rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Discount for Good Grades - Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Indianapolis car insurance quote. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% and get you affordable Toyota Camry insurance rates in Indianapolis.
- Own a Home - Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Distant Student Discount - Children who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Defensive Driver - Participating in a course teaching defensive driver skills could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Renewal Discounts - A few larger companies offer discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Indianapolis car insurance quotes online.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
Remember that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Auto insurance companies that may include these benefits possibly include:
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Indianapolis.
Insurance agents near you
Many people would rather talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Indianapolis who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don't have to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting a insurer requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Indianapolis?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Indiana?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- What company do they have the most business with?
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Both do a good job, but we need to point out why they differ since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following are Indianapolis exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Leland Brown Sr. - State Farm Insurance Agent
5936 N Keystone Ave #201 - Indianapolis, IN 46220 - (317) 251-1400 - View Map
- Jerry Ortner - State Farm Insurance Agent
7424 Rockville Rd - Indianapolis, IN 46214 - (317) 273-0709 - View Map
- Chris Stringer - State Farm Insurance Agent
4875 W 56th St g - Indianapolis, IN 46254 - (317) 803-2241 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you should always get several quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Below are Indianapolis independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- McClain Matthews Insurance
6329 Hollister Dr - Indianapolis, IN 46224 - (317) 298-7500 - View Map
- A. I. King Insurance Agency, Inc.
8604 Allisonville Rd #210 - Indianapolis, IN 46250 - (317) 841-6004 - View Map
- Indiana Auto Insurance Group
201 N Illinois St - Indianapolis, IN 46204 - (317) 641-4572 - View Map
Cover all your bases
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal or even poor customer service. Whatever your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented many ideas to compare Toyota Camry insurance premium rates in Indianapolis. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for 4x4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)