Want cheaper Dodge Charger insurance in Fort Wayne? Sick and tired of scraping nickels together to pay your auto insurance bill each month? You have the same problem as many other Indiana consumers.
Unfortunately, almost 70% of insureds in Indiana kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't believe the rate savings if they switched to a cheaper policy.
There is such a variety of insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
You should make it a habit to price shop coverage every six months because prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best rate on Dodge Charger insurance in Fort Wayne a couple years back you can probably find a better premium rate now. You can search a lot of Charger insurance on the internet, but in a few minutes you can learn a bunch of ideas how to stop overpaying for insurance in Fort Wayne.
When shopping for affordable Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare prices from all the different companies. One of the best ways to find the cheapest Dodge Charger insurance rates consists of shopping online.
It's so simple to compare insurance rate quotes online makes it a waste of time to drive to each insurance agency near you. Comparing online rate quotes has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the trained advice of a local Fort Wayne agent. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop online but buy from a local insurance agent.
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing a wide range of rates will enable you to find lower pricing.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Indiana. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Charger 3.5 AWD||$164||$266||$358||$22||$108||$918||$77|
|Charger SXT AWD||$302||$530||$474||$28||$142||$1,476||$123|
|Charger Rallye AWD||$222||$400||$350||$20||$106||$1,098||$92|
|Charger R/T AWD||$232||$412||$330||$20||$98||$1,092||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in your specific Fort Wayne location which can affect auto insurance rates considerably.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Fort Wayne
The diagram below shows the difference between Dodge Charger premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums assume no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no definitive guideline that is best for determining when to drop full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Charger replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing in excess of $300 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Car insurance rates by gender and age
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Charger yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Poor driving habits will raise your car insurance rates
The example below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders impact Dodge Charger annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but a few need to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Payment Method - By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven't had any claims for a specific time period.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying a policy with multiple cars with the same auto insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Early Switch Discount - A few larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Charger insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Multi-line Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower premium rates if you buy life insurance.
- Online Discount - A few larger online companies will give a small break just for signing your application digitally online.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
Companies that may include these discounts possibly include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Fort Wayne. To see a list of auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Fort Wayne, click this link.
Learn How to Find Car Insurance More Affordably
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you big savings.
- Always keep your car insurance policy in force - Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Indiana motor vehicle department.
- Raise deductibles and save - Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Big city or small town - Residing in less populated areas of the country is a good thing when it comes to car insurance. Less people translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large Indiana cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. More time on the road means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Liability protection limits should be high - Your car insurance policy's liability coverage will provide protection when you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
- If you don't need it don't buy it - Policies have additional coverages that can add up if you aren't careful. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if they're wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Better drivers pay less - Whether or not you get tickets influences premium rates substantially. Having just one citation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Good drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. People who have careless citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Premiums can be impacted by your occupation - Careers like real estate brokers, social workers and miners are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us because of job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, careers such as farmers, athletes and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Dodge Charger insurance loss probability - Car insurance companies factor in historical loss data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that statistically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates for specific coverages. The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Dodge Charger vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Percentages below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Dodge Charger Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Charger 2WD 148 142 160 176 178 159 Dodge Charger 4WD 124 129 115 107 110 138 Dodge Charger HEMI 156 106 202 118 127 111
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare prices but work with a local Fort Wayne insurance agency
Many drivers just want to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Fort Wayne.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for an agent because prices are sent directly to you. It's the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two types of Fort Wayne auto insurance agents
When searching for an insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance policy providers are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When comparing rates, you absolutely need to include price quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Fort Wayne who can help you get pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are exclusive agencies in Fort Wayne that are able to give price quotes.
Kent Paul - State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 W Dupont Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 478-2222 - View Map
Picking the best insurance agency shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Is the quote a firm price?
Cheaper car insurance in Fort Wayne is definitely available on the web and with local Fort Wayne insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some companies may not provide price quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents.
We've covered many ways to reduce Dodge Charger insurance rates online in Fort Wayne. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Dodge Charger rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
More detailed car insurance information can be found by following these links:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much is Indiana Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for College Graduates in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in South Bend, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)