Want to learn the secrets to finding lower-priced Fiat 500 insurance in Fort Wayne? Finding low cost prices for Fiat 500 insurance in Fort Wayne may be challenging for drivers who are beginners to comparing rates online. With such a large choice of insurers available, it can quickly become a big hassle to compare rates in Indiana on Fiat 500 insurance.
Shockingly, almost 70% of insureds have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Fort Wayne drivers could cut their rates by as much as $700 a year just by shopping around, but they just don't want to compare rates.
To find low cost Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing rates from car insurance companies in your area. The easiest way to lower the rate you pay for Fiat 500 insurance is to jump online and get quotes.
Keep in mind that getting more free quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Indiana. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Fiat in Fort Wayne, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your 500, most lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Fiat at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Fiat. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so it's very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to save money.
Components of Your Fiat 500 Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get cheaper rates. Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
Insurance premiums and vehicle performance - The type of vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The most favorable rates are usually found on lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors. Since the Fiat 500 falls in the passenger car class, insurance will be similar in price or lower compared to average rates in Fort Wayne.
Don't get traffic citations - How you drive can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers who don't get tickets have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Even a single citation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten severe tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Where you live is a factor - Having an address in less populated areas of the country can save you money when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate. People who live in big cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Higher commute times means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
How your age affects premiums - Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit.Teenage drivers are known to be inattentive behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
Remove unneeded extra policy coverages - There are many add-on coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
How credit rating affects auto insurance rates - An insured's credit history is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit score could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Fiat 500 if you clean up your credit.
Being married equates to better prices - Walking down the aisle actually saves money compared to being single. Marriage translates into being more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Men drivers tend to cost more - Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Males and females cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but men get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
Loss probability for a Fiat 500 - Companies factor in historical loss data to help determine the rate you pay. Models that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates. The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Fiat 500 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehiclescombined as an average equals 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Fiat 500 Insurance Claim Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Fiat 500 Convertible||76||79||60||85|
|Fiat 500 Electric||73||59||76||60|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts for cheap car insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before being credited.
- Student Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver's education in school.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Professional Organizations - Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Discount for Good Grades - This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking time to complete a course teaching safe driver skills could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Telematics Devices - People who choose to allow data collection to study vehicle usage by using a telematic data system like Allstate's Drivewise could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
Don't be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, it's just not the way it works.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts include:
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, federal employee, five-year accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, ease of repair, anti-theft, annual mileage, good driver, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for multi-car, mature driver, good student, pay in full, and youthful driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include mature driver, anti-theft, air bags, student away at school, and group or association.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including preferred payment discount, safety features, new vehicle discount, good student, and new move discount.
- SAFECO has savings for safe driver, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, and teen safe driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, and good student.
- USAA has discounts for multi-vehicle, vehicle storage, military installation, annual mileage, loyalty savings, and good student.
When getting free Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all the companies which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Fort Wayne. If you would like to choose from a list of companies offering car insurance discounts in Indiana, follow this link.
Do I need an insurance agent?
A lot of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to companies in Fort Wayne who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How are they compensated?
Types of car insurance agents in Fort Wayne
When finding a local insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents in Fort Wayne are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. They are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Fort Wayne who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Shea Smith
1104 W State Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46808 - (260) 420-2000 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Steven Westrick
8938 Lima Rd Suite R - Fort Wayne, IN 46818 - (260) 489-3977 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Merle K. Maples
3017 E State Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46805 - (260) 483-6583 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to get several quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are Fort Wayne independent agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Northern Insurance
7113 W Jefferson Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 969-5613 - View Map
- Tom Steckler Agency Inc
10432 Coldwater Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46845 - (260) 338-0338 - View Map
- Stewart Brimner Group
3702 Rupp Dr - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 482-6900 - View Map
You just read quite a bit of information on how to shop for Fiat 500 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation, high prices or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Cheaper Fiat 500 insurance in Fort Wayne is attainable online and from local agencies, so you need to shop Fort Wayne auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Fishers, IN? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)