Scraping up a payment for high-priced Ford Fusion insurance in Indianapolis can dwindle your accounts and make it tough to pay other bills. Getting a rate comparison is a smart way to make ends meet.
A recent study showed that about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could save nearly $850 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it's a waste of time to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
Online insurance companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate all claim big savings with ad campaigns and it is difficult to see past the geckos and flying pigs and take the time to shop coverage around.
It is always a good idea to compare prices before your next renewal because prices change frequently. Even if you got the best price on Ford Fusion insurance in Indianapolis two years ago a different company probably has better rates today. You can find a lot of information about Fusion insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some good information on how to lower your car insurance premiums.
What Impacts Ford Fusion Insurance Rates?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help calculate your premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you big savings.
- Teenage drivers cost more - Youthful drivers in Indiana are statistically shown to be inattentive when driving therefore insurance rates are much higher. Older people are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Improve your credit score and save - Having a bad credit history will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit score could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Ford Fusion if you clean up your credit.
- Insurance premiums are higher for high performance vehicles - The performance level of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Because the Ford Fusion is a passenger car, rates will be similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Indianapolis. Low performance passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Incidental coverages can add up - There are a lot of extra add-on coverages you can purchase on your Fusion policy. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and membership fees could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but if you don't need them remove them and pocket the money.
- Liability insurance safeguards assets - Liability insurance provides coverage if you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Drive less and save - The higher the mileage driven each year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers price each vehicle's coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your insurance policy properly reflects the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. A policy that improperly rates your Fusion is throwing money out the window.
- Alarm systems systems cut insurance rates - Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Anti-theft features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder vehicle theft.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts - Most major insurance companies will award a discount to buyers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. It's possible to still save even more than the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Ford Fusion insurance claim data - Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that tend to have higher claim amounts or frequency will be charged more to insure. The next table shows the loss history for Ford Fusion vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is set at 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are 100 or greater point to more frequent losses or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Ford Fusion Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fusion 2WD 110 95 108 116 111 105 Ford Fusion 4WD 115 85 120 88 77 71 Ford Fusion Hybrid 125 97 98 92 93 95 Ford Fusion Plug-in Hybrid 128 87 91 88 91 107
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When shopping for Ford Fusion insurance in Indianapolis there are multiple ways of comparing rates from different companies. The easiest way to compare rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it takes the place of having to drive around to local insurance agencies. Doing it all online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the professional advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although, it is possible compare online quotes and get advice from an agent in your area. Just keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$450||$318||$18||$94||$1,088||$91|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$444||$318||$18||$94||$1,084||$90|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$226||$400||$460||$28||$138||$1,252||$104|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$422||$318||$18||$94||$1,062||$89|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$200||$348||$280||$16||$84||$928||$77|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$392||$294||$18||$88||$982||$82|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$486||$294||$18||$88||$1,120||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Indianapolis location which can change coverage prices significantly.
Ford Fusion insurance rates: Men versus women
The diagram below shows the difference between Ford Fusion premium costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance savings promises
Respected companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all convey the message about how much you will save just by moving your auto insurance coverage to their company. How does each company offer drivers better rates? It's all in the words they use.
Companies give the best rates for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. A good example of a desirable insured might be over the age of 50, owns a home, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any customer who matches that profile will get the preferred premium rates in Indianapolis and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who are not a match for this ideal profile will have to pay a more expensive rate which results in the customer buying from a different company. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "customers who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" will save that much if they switch. That's the way companies can advertise the savings.
This emphasizes why it's extremely important to compare quotes as often as possible. Because you never know which company will have the lowest Ford Fusion insurance in Indianapolis.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance is required by state law in Indiana and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Fusion has a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Get cheap Ford Fusion insurance in Indianapolis with discounts
Companies do not list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Putting insurance coverage on a new Fusion can get you a discount because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Safety Course Discount - Successfully completing a course teaching safe driver skills can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Indianapolis car insurance with certain companies.
- Accident Waiver - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will forgive one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Indianapolis car insurance quote.
- Distant Student - Children living away from Indianapolis attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don't profit that way.
Companies that have these discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Indianapolis. To find insurers that offer discounts in Indiana, follow this link.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
A lot of people would rather have an agent's advice and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. And providing support for small agencies is especially important in Indianapolis.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to agents in your area that provide free Indianapolis car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to you instantly. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, you can always visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
If you would like to find a good Indianapolis insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different agency structures that you can select. Auto insurance agents are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, it's a good idea to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Indianapolis that can give you price quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Indianapolis who can help you get comparison quotes.
Charlotte Adams-Jones - State Farm Insurance Agent
5034 E 56th St - Indianapolis, IN 46226 - (317) 252-5933 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agency shouldn't rely on just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How long has their agency been in business in Indianapolis?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
After receiving positive feedback for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that meets the requirements to service your policy.
How much insurance do I need?
When buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Who is covered when they drive my Ford Fusion?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
You just learned some good ideas how to save on Ford Fusion insurance in Indianapolis. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with the smaller companies.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices and even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Cheaper auto insurance in Indianapolis can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood Indianapolis agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Bad Credit in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)