No car owner likes buying car insurance, particularly when their premiums are through the roof.
Statistics show that most car insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. With the average car insurance premium being $1,390, Indianapolis drivers could save roughly $700 every year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find lower-cost car insurance rates. Insurance companies such as GEICO, Progressive and Allstate all claim big savings with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to sift through the bull and find the best price available.
Cheap companies for Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Indiana
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Indiana. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|FJ Cruiser 2WD||$240||$346||$340||$20||$102||$1,048||$87|
|FJ Cruiser 4WD||$190||$250||$318||$18||$94||$870||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can alter premium rates noticeably.
Should you raise deductibles?
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can affect Toyota FJ Cruiser annual premium costs for each different age group. Data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The example below shows the difference between Toyota FJ Cruiser yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies don't list every discount they offer very clearly, so we break down some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Indianapolis car insurance online.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Indianapolis car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Good Student - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Government Employees - Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% depending on your insurance provider.
- Driver's Ed - Have your child successfully take a driver's education course if offered at their school.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn cheaper prices.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Buy New and Save - Buying insurance on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way. But all discounts will help reduce your policy premium.
If you would like to view insurers offering insurance discounts in Indianapolis, click here to view.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
A lot of people just prefer to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper auto insurance rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on a insurer requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How are they compensated?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- When do they do policy reviews?
If you're trying to find an insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both do a good job, but it's worth mentioning the difference between them since it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company's products which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Indianapolis who may provide you with price quotes.
Frances Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
5707 N Michigan Rd - Indianapolis, IN 46228 - (317) 257-3504 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to find a new agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to check rates from independent agents to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Indianapolis that can give you rate quotes.
The auto insurance bait and switch
Consumers can't avoid all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to tend to make the same promise that you'll save big if you get a free Indianapolis car insurance quote and switch your policy.
How do they all sell you cheaper insurance coverage?
Insurance providers provide the lowest rates for the right customer that will not have excessive claims. An example of this type of insured should be between 25 and 40, has a low-risk occupation, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. A driver that meets those criteria will probably get cheap car insurance rates and have a good chance to save a lot of money.
Consumers who fall short of those standards may receive higher rates and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state "people who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save money. That is how insurance companies can make those statements. Because of this risk profiling, you should quote coverage with many companies. It's impossible to know which company will have the lowest Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Indianapolis.
Frequent quotes can save
Cost effective Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance can be purchased on the web and with local Indianapolis insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer rates over the internet and usually these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured cut collision coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Kokomo, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)