Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for more affordable Dodge Durango insurance in Indianapolis? Paying for pricey Dodge Durango insurance in Indianapolis can overdraw your family's budget, especially in this economy.
A recent car insurance study revealed that the vast majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Indianapolis consumers can cut their rates by 55% a year just by shopping around, but they don't understand how simple it is to find cheap car insurance rates. Companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance promote their brand names with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to avoid their marketing magic and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you already have coverage or need a new policy, you can learn to buy cheaper car insurance and possibly find even better coverage. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Indianapolis can be easy if you know a few tricks. Vehicle owners just have to understand the least time-consuming way to shop on the web.
These seven discounts can cut Dodge Durango insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don't always advertise every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so the following list contains both well-publicized as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Indianapolis auto insurance online.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking time to complete a driver safety class can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Indianapolis auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a home in Indianapolis can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Claim-Free Discount - Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts compared to bad drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven't had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with slightly better premium rates than normal.
Don't be surprised that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that's just not realistic.
To view insurers with the best Dodge Durango insurance discounts in Indianapolis in Indianapolis, click this link.
Many insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm provide prices for coverage online. Comparing prices online for Dodge Durango insurance in Indianapolis is fairly simple because you just enter the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. Once entered, the system makes automated requests for your driving and credit reports and quotes a price based on these factors. Getting online rate quotes for Dodge Durango insurance in Indianapolis streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to perform this step if you want to get the cheapest price.
To save time and find out if lower rates are available, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter your coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This guarantees you will get a fair comparison for exact coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Indiana. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
Do I need special coverages?
Always remember that when buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
If you're not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
A small number of people just want to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Indianapolis?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
Different types of auto insurance agents in Indianapolis
When looking for a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agencies may be either exclusive or independent. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but it's good to learn the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare other company's rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Indianapolis who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can write business with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
If you need lower rates, it's recommended you compare quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Indianapolis that are able to give rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Brelage Insurance Agency Inc
5451 Emerson Way - Indianapolis, IN 46226 - (317) 591-2660 - View Map
Indiana Discount Insurance
5502 N Keystone Ave - Indianapolis, IN 46220 - (317) 863-0349 - View Map
Why you need insurance for your Dodge vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Durango in Indianapolis, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Durango has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your Dodge and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America overpays more than $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with a tree, driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Durango to bring the cost down.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle's damage.
Due to the fact that many Indiana drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses like rehabilitation expenses, dental work and chiropractic care. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as structural damage, court costs, funeral expenses, medical expenses and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Indiana state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but it's recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount you'll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's not worth carrying full coverage.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
When buying insurance coverage, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent and even high prices. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
You just read a lot of ways to reduce Dodge Durango insurance premium rates online in Indianapolis. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
More detailed insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Terre Haute, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Company Car in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Indianapolis, IN? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)